Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you steal unlocked kits?

Options
  • 17-09-2005 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

I must confess when someone with an unlocked weapon kills me i hunt them down kill them and steal their kit.

Been doing it since game came out.

kdjac

Do you steal kits 23 votes

Yes im a klepto too
    0%
    No im an angel,mommy says it bad hmmk
    91%
    StephenjaggehSpearKdjaCLARGINITEChad ghostalSilverfishdieselfreakVendettamadrabShinyPrivate JokerR0otkinkstrDinnerd22ontourGone WestsgtdiesalotirlrobinsKare Bear 21 votes
    Super Mario Bros 3
    8%
    TerrorFirmerdoud 2 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

KdjaC wrote:
    I must confess when someone with an unlocked weapon kills me i hunt them down kill them and steal their kit.

Been doing it since game came out.

kdjac
    I hope you mean enemies with unlocked kits...

If so how can it be stealing if you legitimately killed them, that's earning them. And having done so myself last night, I know my next unlock has to be the PKM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

been doing this since i first found out how to do it :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Spear wrote:
    I hope you mean enemies with unlocked kits...

ehhh yeah only enemies.......

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I take any kit that can be useful to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Whatever i kill belongs to me lol, thats the way i see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Isnt it just wonderful to take the kit from that medic you just killed, heal yourself, get your kit back and charge back into the fight.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Unless that medic has the unlocked medic gun, then I keep that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The AK101 that the MEC medics get by default absolutely rocks, i'd always keep that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Zillah wrote:
    Isnt it just wonderful to take the kit from that medic you just killed, heal yourself, get your kit back and charge back into the fight.
    yeah, that or some support guy if you have the anti-tank kit.

Throw lots of ammo packs on the floor around you and fire missles like mad! :D

On a different note, have you noticed how many n00bs pick the support because they think its a minigun, and never drop ammo packs when your shouting out for them... the idiots! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

whiskeyman wrote:
    yeah, that or some support guy if you have the anti-tank kit.

Throw lots of ammo packs on the floor around you and fire missles like mad! :D

On a different note, have you noticed how many n00bs pick the support because they think its a minigun, and never drop ammo packs when your shouting out for them... the idiots! :mad:

Recently I have taken to support and am surprised at the amount of ppl that don't use/look/wait for ammo packs . I try to use it for resupply more than anything else and when I am in a squad my anti tank guys have loads of ammo :) . The saw and the mec gun are next to useless in my hands but the chinese one is ok , Still on the look out for the upgrade unlocked to try it out .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Enemy soldiers drop what now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Super Mario Bros 3
    I have never stolen an enemy kit once..... :D

he he, i did it last night, after the tig server died (around 10:30/11:00pm) when i rejoined there was only a few players on it, 8 per team on a 64 man map

we only had one medic in our team, & i wasnt it (for once), i was killed by a tank, revived, medic was killed so i robbed his bag and revived him with my sniper bag he he he wasnt too happy but ahh well :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

madrab wrote:
    he he, i did it last night, after the tig server died (around 10:30/11:00pm) when i rejoined there was only a few players on it, 8 per team on a 64 man map

we only had one medic in our team, & i wasnt it (for once), i was killed by a tank, revived, medic was killed so i robbed his bag and revived him with my sniper bag he he he wasnt too happy but ahh well :D

That's a completely legit tactic and proper teamplay. And an easy two points for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Same thing happened me.

I was killed, then the medic saved me. Then he was killed an instant later. I picked up his kit, saved him, then we swapped kits again :) One of my fonder moments in BF2.

Of course there is also the case of that finnish fcker who shot me in the head as I was taking off in a chopper so he could hop in.

GOD that was soooo horrible. He got away with it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

argh, i hate the vehicle-camping ****, who get all offended of you take 'their' tank/helicopter/jet/whatever so they C4 you. pricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I dunno about stealing kits..but ive developed a disturbing habit of really trying to piss off people ive just killed by hovering over thier body, and, knowing that theyre still looking up at me until thier corpse disappears, either keep stabbing at them repeatedly with the knife, or shoot them with my pistol to the tune of 'dun dun dundundun...dun DUN!' (you know, the tune you play on a car horn!)

he he did that to mobile infantry yesterday :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Super Mario Bros 3
    Yesterday in the AKS server I was killed five times in a row within 10 minutes of joining....twas highly embarrassing, but two of those times were the very second I spawned in our only camp, I was blown to bits by Madrabs artillery :(

Yesterday in the AKS server I was killed five times in a row within 10 minutes of joining....twas highly embarrassing, but two of those times were the very second I spawned in our only camp, I was blown to bits by Madrabs artillery :(

mwa ha ha ha

sorry there was something in my throat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Stephen wrote:
    argh, i hate the vehicle-camping ****, who get all offended of you take 'their' tank/helicopter/jet/whatever so they C4 you. pricks.

I hate when your having a good round in the chopper and then because some gobsh*t sees that your capping a few flags and havign a good round decides that he/she will take the chopper to get some points....then ends up sitting at the heli base waiting for you to get shot down....takes the chopper then and processes to **** up everythign becasue hasnt a clue....doesnt wait for a second person to take gunner......and because I couldnt be arsed waiting arounfd the heli pad he will have it for rest of round and not do anything........

Also I would never C4 someone but just because you see someone having a good round in chopper doesnt mena that you go and grab it then to try and get in on action!!

Advertisement