Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charlton - Chelsea (Setanta) <scores>

• 17-09-2005 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭

0-0 at the break, Chelsea gone to 9/10 in running on Betfair.

It's an interesting game. In one way Charlton are busting a gut just to contain Chelsea, but then when they do have the ball, their movement is great, only to be let down by their poor shooting, and in the case of Danny Murphy, two or three appalling free kicks from promising poitions. Chelsea look to be getting sharper with every attack, although they got a bit casual near the end of the first half. Mourinho will surely snap that attitude out of the players at half time, and Chelsea are likely to win 1-0 or 2-0 IMO. That's not to say that Charlton haven't ruffled the Chelsea defence - they have, and Carvalho has been booked - but their finishing hasn't forced Cech to make a save yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

2-0, two very good goals. Chelsea now haven't conceded in 7 games (provided it stays like this). Best ever start to a Premiership season by a goalkeeper for Cech. Charlton looked good occasionally in the first half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

/bah rips up betting slip if this was a draw and others stayed as they are i be 340 for PL bet and other big bet was 9k :(

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Who scored???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Charlton are looking good but Chelsea are on a different pedestel. I'd fancy Charlton and Man City to take a few points off the top clubs this year though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Crespo got an excellent header and Robben scored a curler into the top-corner(ish). Cheslea looking unstoppable, 6 premiership games without conceding a goal. Cech had nothing to do today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Damn! Was hoping charlton could hold em to a draw. Ya it's early yet but it ain't looking good for everyone else already :(

Anyone like to suggest what club will score against em first?
    Looking at the fixtures i'm getting worried that it might not be till november(in the prem) Can't see liverpool getting passed em either.

I'd say someone will get a jammy goal or something against them sooner or later. If I was a betting man though I'd say Man Utd on 6th November!

I can't see Villa, Liverpool, Bolton or Everton breaking them down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool will score against them but in the Champions League! :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Well lets hope you're right mike, cause Liverpool are playing them the week after :P
    So lets hope liverpool can take three points off em :d

Noy sure about that. When Arsenal won the Premiership two years ago, they did little to improve the team. Whereas Chelsea have signed Del Horno and Essien, two top class players. Not to mention the return of Crespo.

They look a much better unit now and Liverpool will have a tough time of it. Although they have improved also but just not enough I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement