Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your firsrt gig that you played?

Options
  • 17-09-2005 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

for those who play music, please do tell of yer first gig experience
    my first stage experience was at an open mic night in Fred Zeppelin's in Cork
    my first real gig after that was for a fundraising for a friend for the Belarussian Orphanage Project i was slightly nervous but once i got over that it was pretty kool

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Does karaoke count as a gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

well yeah, singin in the shower doesn't though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

A talent competition in Kevin St. College back in 1986 (gulp). I was 16 at the time and had to step over some passed out bodies on the way up the main stairs - I thought that was the life for me.

We played some Black Sabbath covers, and sucked. I mean, really sucked. I listened to tapes of that band from then a few years ago and couldn't get over how appalling we were and how any of us could have even considered playing in public.

We lost (naturally enough) to some Winter's Reign type band playing Bon-Jovi covers with two very attractive female backing singers.

This much talent....*this* much talent...

Advertisement