Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

non-vegetarian restaurants w good veg food

Options
  • 17-09-2005 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

heya,

like the title suggests i suppose. Im a vegetarian, but dont like always going to veggie restaurants with non-veggies, so does anyone know anywhere which does decent veggie food, and not just a token salad or veggie burger!

"Montys of Kathmandu" (in temple bar) is really good, been there twice, n well impressed, try the shiva beer too, tis quite good!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

I really like the range of veggie food in the Baan Thai in Sandyford / Ballsbridge, Dublin - it's not a huge selection but it's very tastey ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

The 101 Talbot usually has some nice veggie options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Out of interest, would most veggies be offended if they were sitting next to someone eating a plate with meat on it? If not then wouldn't it be a good idea to open up a restaurant where there is a good selection of veggie food and meat dishes. Surely it would attract many groups where there is a veggie present in the group and lately that is nearly every group.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

D-Generate wrote:
    Out of interest, would most veggies be offended if they were sitting next to someone eating a plate with meat on it? If not then wouldn't it be a good idea to open up a restaurant where there is a good selection of veggie food and meat dishes. Surely it would attract many groups where there is a veggie present in the group and lately that is nearly every group.
    No,i know nobody that would be offended too much,personally.
    hell of a lot of every vegetarians friends and their family would eat meat and they wouldnt be offended too etc

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

D-Generate wrote:
    Out of interest, would most veggies be offended if they were sitting next to someone eating a plate with meat on it?

Not in the least. Why should I care what anybody else is eating?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭kestrel

im never offended when friends order meat. BUT there was one time i was in the college canteen and some guy sat near me with what looked like a lump just taken from an animal. it was swimming in blood and i think i saw some veins-i got up and left. although to be honest, if i wasn't a vegetarian i probably would have done the same anyway. it just looked disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭taibhse

Wagamama; facing the gaiety do lovely japanese food with some great veggie options. They even do wholemeal noodles if you're into healthy eating, which are hard to find in other restaurants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭kestrel

i have heard about wagamama actually, it's supposed to be very good on the vegetarian front.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭leftofcentre

My rule is eat ethnic. Any italian, chinese, thai, indian etc will always have a good selection.

The problem is your traditional irish meat and 2 veg restaurants, they are generally pretty bad. Also really expensive restaurants, in my business life I have been to quite a few (someone else is paying off course) and generally the veggie meals are minging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 lor_25

Wagamamma's has a great selection for veggie meals aright and the food is really tasty.
    You can get two for one main courses there till the end of September as well is you print a voucher of the Pigsback website.

Yamamori on Georges Str. is also excellent, tones of stuff to order from the menu & the veg sushi is smashing (",)

Lor

• Advertisement
Advertisement