Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday 19th- International Speak Like A Pirate Day!

Options
  • 17-09-2005 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

Many of you know about this, I'm sure. However I'm starting this thread to decrease the chances that you will be the one who misses out on it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manda5678

yay i meant to start a thread to spread the word but it looks like my work has been done for me! yay
    i mean yaaaarrr

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Haw

Yaaar! I be a'lookin' forward to this! Now I can give those I know an excuse for my pirate speakin'! They keep tryin' to get me to "shut up", like the landlubbers they be...but now I've got a "reason"! YAAAAAAARRR!! (and other piratey type things)!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Yarrrr, here's a handy test, mateys!

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/ppi.html

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Here's my result:
    The Cap'n
    Profile: Some men and women are born great, some achieve greatness and some slit the throats of any scallawag who stands between them and the mantle of power. You never met a man - or woman - you couldn't eviscerate. Not that mindless violence is the only avenue open to you - but why take an avenue when you have complete freeway access? You are the definitive Man of Action. You are James Bond in a blousy shirt and drawstring-fly pants. You are Charlie's Angels without so much "Charlie" and decidedly light on the "Angel." Your swash was buckled long ago and you have never been so sure of anything in your life as in your ability to bend everyone - Man, Woman or Individual of Transgender or indecipherable Sexual Identification - to your will. You will call anyone out and cut off their head if they show any sign of taking you on or backing down. You cannot be saddled with tedious underlings, but if one of your lieutenants shows an overly developed sense of ambition he may find more suitable accommodations in Davy Jones' locker. That is, of course, IF you notice him. You tend to be self absorbed - a weakness that may keep you from seeing enemies where they are and imagining them where they are not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Arr, I already bought me a hook in readiness...Tis excited I be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

yarrr, its been a year already? haharrrrg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Avast! I do be sharin' a profile with Fishie! Damn t'th'depths any scurvy bilge rat of a teacher or other authority figure who does be tryin' to deprieve us of our inalieble right to speak like Pirates!
    GYAAARRRGH!Did you know that Pirates invented that word as a means of smuggling silent "gh"s and invisible "p"s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yarr, this be on many forums already ye tomfool. I reckon ye should be keelhauled!

(I be tempted to try and flame in pirate, just for the laugh. YARRRR!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Gyaaaargh! A Cap'n I be! But I'm still stuck at the start of Monkey Island 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

Undergod wrote:
    Gyaaaargh! A Cap'n I be! But I'm still stuck at the start of Monkey Island 2!
    That's the hardest one. They're all brilliant games though. Hilarious too.

• Advertisement

Kudos t'th'computerised adventures of that great swashbuckeling seadog Guybrush Threepwood! GYAAARRRGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mocha One Sugar

YARR!
    we devised a plan that for roll call on Monday it's an enthusiastic YAAAAAARRRRRRR for 'present'!
    and a pityfully sad yarr (without the deep thraot gurgling) for 'absent'.
    I'm so excited!!
    YAAARRR!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

One year we had Yaarr! And "ahoy! Tis absent be he!" ! Lasted for around five people, which I was one of, being top of the roll! Yaarrrgh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Jade Chihuahua

Sweet, cant wait till tomorrow, Im going to be loud and piratey until someone is forced to beat me up to make me stop!

YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Let no scurvy land-lubber beat yup lad! Remember, you do be a pirate of the first order! GYAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Oh dear sweet jaysus... :(:(:confused::confused::(

Be not confusilated sdonn! Join in in our Piratiness, or we'll keelhaulya! GYAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Think i'll pass, you have fun though...and don't sink too many ships. :D:) :rolleyes: :( :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: ..!

(Is that enoungh smileys 4 u?)

Much better t'steal it and all it's cargo! (you guessed it) GYAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Dirtydancer

Well, bugger me standin, no-one was talkin like we be pirates in school today, the scurvy dogs!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :p :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

Yar, the landlubbers were as landlubberish as always. Least they didn't besmirch our pirate speech!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

i got detention due to wearing a pirate hat in class

fecking pirates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manda5678

i got detention due to wearing a pirate hat in class

fecking pirates
    Ahahahaha!
    i mean yaaaarrrr

Myself and a few of me friends we're GYAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGH!in' wi'th'best o'em, but th'other lubbers were just confusilated!GYAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Gyaaargh, it was difficult to keep up, like last Tuesday when attempted to eliminate all articles from my speech. 'twas more difficult than sailing the sargasso, says I!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Jade Chihuahua

Alas, the day, though piratastic in many ways, resulted in no-one attempting to beat me up at all.......some of the bastards even joined in.............Im not sure how to feel right now.
    Oh well, YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

Arg, damn landlubbers besmirching the name of pirate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dearv

GGGAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Me appologies lass for bein' a pedant but ye have forgotten yer "Y" :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

Damn scurvy curs in school wouldn't listen to me "YAAAAAAAARRRR"in'. Me shipmates helped though.
    Yes, I'm aware the day has ended. But it was fun. So in my circle of friends, monday is now pirate day. Tuesday (today) is ninja day, on which we discuss stealthy and non-stealthy things. Wednesday is a half-day, so there's no time to implement anything. Thursday is Hitchhikers Guide day, on which I talk like Marvin, and make numerous references to "never getting the hang of Thursdays". I've been doing that for a while. Friday is... Ok, I haven't thought of anything for Friday yet. Any suggestions? It must be CTYI related. Bowler appreciation day came up, but was dismissed immediatly.

Advertisement