Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday 19th- International Speak Like A Pirate Day!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Haw

Yarr! I spoke pirate throughout the day, yet none of the landlubbers joined in! Indeed, they ran away or told me to 'shut up'! The bilge rats! Nonetheless, I was piratelike to the end...yaaaaaaaaaaarrr!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

I got sent to the office for answering the roll call as a pirate. Damn authorities. Got lines an' all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

Saying what? "Arg, I must not speak like a pirate" or "I must not have a laugh"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

Worryingly, I'm still on Bowler appreciation for tomorrow. Wednesday ended up being Karlstock appreciation. It'll be something different every week. Friday will be a different appreciation every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

The disclaimer on that Talk Like a Pirate test is hilarious. Look:

"*Note. School Psychologists, Social Workers and Clinicians should be wary of using the TOTLAPPI when qualifying students for IDEA services, DSM IV identifications (under any axis) or as a part of any professional assessment. Medical professionals are hereby cautioned not to use the TOTLAPPI as a tool to determine appropriate medications and/or dosage. Lawyers are hereby notified that the results of the TOTLAPPI are not admissible in most state and federal courts with the notable exceptions of The Bahamas, French New Guinea, Madagascar and Wyoming. Amnesty International has requested a moratorium on the TOTLAPPI in Death Penalty Cases until the American College of Psychiatry and the British Psychological Association can complete a twelve-year longitudinal study into the TOTLAPPI's efficacy rate and cultural bias. This tool was designed for use solely by Pirate Captains and Web Surfers. Please do not attempt this in any professional setting."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I just learnt about this on Sunday, people in my school seemed to already know but forgot what day it was, within minutes of me reminding them there were YARRS to be heard all round. Some people are trying to get next years' Debs held on the next Speak Like A Pirate Day.
    Incidentally, why be there a strange lack of pirate smileys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

I blame inefficent pirate advertisers. They're far too busy raiding ships than doing their job. Although, that could be regarded as advertising in its own right so maybe they're doing it just fine....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

yarr.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

YEah, but do it with just characters

Fun emoticon: Cthulhu

:€

Also, on wikipedia

<o_/ \_o/

Fencing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Wow, Elder Gods in emoticon form. *hearts*

• Advertisement