Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadies - Whats this worth ?

Options
  • 17-09-2005 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭

Thinking of selling my old frame and wondering what it would be worth.

Its the 2000 model Trek 5500 OCLV carbon frame (blue, red, white) US Postal colors identical to the one Armstrong won the tour on in 99.

Frame is structuraly perfect. Painwork is scratched and shabby in places, but overall its decent. Coming with it would be the fork (the original carbon one that came with the bike), the headset, plus an ITM Millenium headset and handlebars.

Anyone any idea roughly what that would be worth ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭roadmanmad

as a guide watch e-bay (.com or .co.uk not the new i.e version)auctions for that bike

it will give you a good indicator what some one may pay.

then expect to get less .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

What size is it and how old is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

its 54cm and its 5 years old. Half thinking of getting wheels and a groupset and keeping it as a winter bike now. What I have remaining from the new bike build is the OCLV frame, ITM Millenium Stem and bars, plus a cool Look carbon seatpost which I am disappointed to say won't fit my new bike and also a Selle Italia Flite Gel saddle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭roadmanmad

That Bike still has a few zero's in the price when compared to the new ones.

I am curious why are you changing. Many would love to have wheels of that calibre.

Advertisement