Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quaketacular footage and impressions

Options
  • 17-09-2005 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Movie 1
    Movie 2

Previews

heh i forgot this as coming out soon.

Looks good only UT and this are actual proper DM fests, have they a place in todays team/ objective themed online games?

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Looks good,single player seems to be the main focus of it.With the multiplayer tacked on for value.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It had better be FAF™ (Fast As Fig) in multiplayer. I can't take another chunky feeling of detachment from a game. UT2Kx and rubbish like Halo epitomised this. Quake, OpFlash, Half-life are some of the few FPS's where I felt/perceived a tactile response from interacting with in-game objects and effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The Multiplayer is supposed to be faster and really good. I can't wait for the new ET game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

They said in a preview in Edge that they were really happy with how the multiplayer was shaping up. They've cleaned up the netcode and they're trying to stick to Quake 3 multi as possible. They said they dropped the ball with Team Arena and Doom 3 but they had it nailed this time.

Personally, I rather liked Quake 2 multiplayer. The rocket launcher and rail gun looked and felt alot more fun. I loved the levels as well. Plus, runs on no 3d acceleration and can be copied at will; perfect for school and college networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

As opposed to QuakeWorld?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

They said in a preview in Edge that they were really happy with how the multiplayer was shaping up. They've cleaned up the netcode and they're trying to stick to Quake 3 multi as possible. They said they dropped the ball with Team Arena and Doom 3 but they had it nailed this time.

Personally, I rather liked Quake 2 multiplayer. The rocket launcher and rail gun looked and felt alot more fun. I loved the levels as well. Plus, runs on no 3d acceleration and can be copied at will; perfect for school and college networks.

The Rocket launchers in q2 always pissed on my bonfire. Too clunky and delayed.

That said, the super shotgun and the rail gun were the shiznit.

mmmm quadded super shotgun. giblets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I agree with jimispandex. QW rocket launcher and shaft owned... q2 ssg and railgun (I never figured out how to use that chaingun), I have high hopes for q4, but it'll all be down to the netcode imo.

Advertisement