Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't log out

Options
  • 17-09-2005 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

Tiny problem I know...but eh...i can't....
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

have you tried clearing your cookies manually?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

It's a strange thing...when I go to log out it clears my cookies but doesn't actually log me out. For instance, if I click to go back to the page I was viewing, or go to the homepage it brings me their...but still logged in.

you might have it set up to remember your username and password whenever you visit the site, therefore it automatically logs you back in again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Proabably....but I always did and this never happened before. Could this be a firefox thing? I'm only fresh of the IE boat...

the problem must be at your end as I have just logged out successfully. try clearing the cookies manually and see if that helps.

edit: just to add that I am also using forefox, which eliminates the firefox possibility.

have a look in your user CP and see if it is set to remember your username and password, that could be causing the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I would be 99% certain that its a cache problem, its just displaying an old version of the page (it shouldn't do, but ho-hum).

Try logging out again then:
    Go to Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Cache -> Clear.
    Then try visiting any page and see if your username comes up.

Which version of firefox btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Are you clearing your cookies via FireFox or using the Internet Properties control panel thingy?

Advertisement