Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire? ANother RipWave?!!

• 17-09-2005 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

How can I adjust the modem to receive the strongest signal possible?
    Once you have found the room with the strongest signal, place the Clearwire modem in a location that is convenient for you. Fine-tune your Clearwire modem by pointing the back of the modem (the side without the logo) toward a window. Note the number of lights that blink. Then rotate the Clearwire modem by turning it to the left and right until you identify the position with the strongest signal. If you’d like further assistance, please contact a Customer Care representative by emailing support@clearwire.ie or by
    calling 1890 882 777.
    I'm sorry, but doesn't this sound exactly the same as what IBB say about their Ripwave unit?! Has anyone actually tried one of these? Are they available yet? What's their current coverage? How much does it cost? Are you tied to contract with one of these?
    These are all questions which should be answered on their site, but they seem to have very little information, bar that it's a "new and exciting product"! ANyone have any first hand experience with them yet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It's totally incomparable to Ripwave. They're two different technologies. Yes, it's a modem that you put on your windowsil, but that's where the similarities end.

There's very little info on their site because they haven't actually launched the product, although you can get it installed. They launch in October.

I got it on Thursday and am very pleased with it so far, after suffering ripwave for 2 days.

How about you search this forum and you'll find my thread with my review of the service so far???

Advertisement