Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Northside Society!!!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Honestly, when I read these boards I wionder if I don't go to a diferent college to some of you, the place you're describing seems to be completely different to the place I was delighted to be back at last monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

This whole northside/southside thing is a load of BS tbh..... unfortunately, it has manifested itself in ucd because of an inferiority complex held by... it pains me to say(being one myself)...... other northsiders.

However, I think the "D4" mentality definitely seems to be a problem. The problem isn't the postcode of Dublin 4, it is what happens to people when they become stupid/spoiled/materialistic.... it's the paris hilton factor imo. These sort of people tend to place a lot of importance in certain material products like buckets of fake tan or various labels so there is plenty of ammunition for an excellent society with some sort of satirical bent on things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Spot on son! Give that man a can of coke!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Spot on son! Give that man a can of coke!

Oh how I loved visiting the coca-cola factory... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Before this thing gets locked, I want to say something.

Blut may be his usual offensive self, but that's probably just because he's a cóck.

However, I've been in UCD for three years now. I've made plenty of friends, know many, many people and love the place. If you haven't had a good time here, don't blame the college, or certain groups of people. As much as you may dislike D4 heads, they didn't make everybody in the college dislike you or want to avoid you, and it's stupid - really, really stupid - to blame people you don't even associate with for the fact that you're having a sh!t time. If you haven't made friends, be more pro-active about it. If that doesn't work, be even more pro-active. But for Bob's sake (now look what you've made me do!), get the hell over the "D4 heads ruined my life" attitudes. There are loads of people like you out there - some of them are even here. And if you all looked hard enough and put the effort in, you'd find eachother. I'm sick of this sh!t about how D4 heads are ruining people's college experiences. I dislike them myself, but that doesn't stop me form having a social life, a group of friends and a good time - all because of college, might I add.

This South/North/West divide thing is bóllócks. There are people with money everywhere. There are people living in poverty everywhere. People everywhere are the same as and different to you - for millions of reasons. Deal with it, build a bridge and move the hell on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

I've split some of the crap off this thread to try and salvage it.

Sorry if some of the posts have lost context.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I dislike Clontarf people alot. :mad:

See Zane, sometimes I want to give you the benefit of the doubt but then you come out with this kind of crap. I know a lot of lovely people from clontarf.

As for this D4-heads ruling the roost at ucd thing... I've been here a year, and I'm usually around from pretty early in the morning until when the bar closes. In that time I've never had a conversation with a "d4-head" (though I have spoken to lovely people from d4).

Yeah, there are tons of d4heads around, maybe they're nice people, maybe they're not, but by their very nature you can spot them a mile off and avoid them if you so wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This thread is lame.

I'm a northsider. Some northsiders are scangers. I'm not.

There are D4 people in UCD. Some of them are nasty and arrogant. Some are not.

'You can't judge a book by its cover.'*

*With the exception of Playboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

See Zane, sometimes I want to give you the benefit of the doubt but then you come out with this kind of crap. I know a lot of lovely people from clontarf.

Well I don't.

If you've got a personal problem with me honey please take it to PM,

thanks.

Whatever all you guys say I know I'm right, taibhse is right and we won't lose any sleep over it I can assure you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

*With the exception of Playboy

They have some really interesting articles! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭taibhse

Whatever all you guys say I know I'm right, taibhse is right and we won't lose any sleep over it I can assure you.

Thanks Zane, at least someone agrees with me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I'd say you could squat a ridiculous amount of kilos Zane.

Can't be easy carrying that chip on your shoulder all day.

Sangre wrote:
    I'd say you could squat a ridiculous amount of kilos Zane.

Can't be easy carrying that chip on your shoulder all day.

^ pointless post.

Seriously Zane, you should try some cheese with all that whine.

Sangre wrote:
    Seriously Zane, you should try some cheese with all that whine.

^ spam.

Never tried spam and whine...but whatever works for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Zane and the OP you find UCD awfully cliquey, especially regarding southsiders right?
    UCD is in Dublin 4, you know south of the Liffey. Shockingly there is a lot of secondary in the nearby local. Now, shocking as this may seem, people from the local areas attend these schools. Ok, bear with me now, these people are in fact Southsiders.
    Now, a lot of these people may progress to UCD after their leaving cert. Still following? Good. These people may shockingly have made friends with each other in school and now they go to college together and guess what? OH MY GOD! They are still friends.
    Just because you arent part of an already exisitng group of friends doesn't automatically mean they have excluded you from it.
    Clearly you have a massive problem with the southside and people from the southside, so I dunno, go somewhere else?

Save your breath, tried to tell him that months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

What exactly did people coming to ucd.....a southside collge....expect??? Where did u think most ppl in ucd will be form????? Come on ppl....u all made it college....god only knows how... surely you could have worked it out b4 u got here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Well I don't.

Refering to the fact that you dont know any nice people from clontarf. in fairness mate if your making comments that you hate all southsiders, all clontarfers, all malahidians etc it doesnt leave many people lefft....the world must a lonely place........seriosly though lighten up about ucd...iv seen u post for since around may constantly bitching about ucd...at one stage you were considering not going back i think.....if its that bad dont stay....most of the rest of us love it here

And im from meath and knew almost no one coming to ucd....met loads of ppl. made loads of friends...dont feel the need to constantly bitch about the place

• Advertisement

padser wrote:
    Refering to the fact that you dont know any nice people from clontarf. in fairness mate if your making comments that you hate all southsiders, all clontarfers, all malahidians etc it doesnt leave many people lefft....the world must a lonely place........seriosly though lighten up about ucd...iv seen u post for since around may constantly bitching about ucd...at one stage you were considering not going back i think.....if its that bad dont stay....most of the rest of us love it here

And im from meath and knew almost no one coming to ucd....met loads of ppl. made loads of friends...dont feel the need to constantly bitch about the place

Where did I use the word ''hate''? Did I say the word ''all'' when refering to southsiders, clontarfers and malahidians? (yes I did say i dislike Clontarf people, should have used the word general but I do not know anyone who I find warm from that neck of the woods)

Bitching? No, I express an opinion. I back up my opinions through my experiences. There's a big difference between ''bitching'' about nothing and ''bitching'' about something that is prominent in this college. Why gets on my nerves is the people who have a differing opinion and perspective shoot down what I say.

I'm not posting on this thread anymore or any other thread to do with demogaraphs to do with UCD. I get constant abuse and negative responses from individuals who see me as an easy target to pick on because I'm honest and have a differing opinion to most.

Free speech on this forum? You're havin' a laugh!

Free speech on this forum? You're havin' a laugh!

Yeah, I forgot free speech is where no one disagrees with your opinions.

Edit:
    Just saw your post on Feedback about bullying and I must say if I ever made you feel uncomfortable or unwanted then I am sincerly sincerly sorry....really.

I would have posted on Feedback but I'm banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement