Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer

Options
  • 18-09-2005 4:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Beer. The Well. 5pm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Beer, beer - the food in a drink.
    The more you take the more you think.
    The more you think, the more real you become;
    We're having beer at the Well - it's done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

...ah never promised you a ro-ose garden...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I'll be there at 8.30 (so I can get rid of the car after work)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 wurdley

Make it 8:30 so. I need to work off this hangover anyway.

<nips out for a breakfast roll>

so who's going? Or is it going to turn into another one of those non-happening, I'm too tired/too many better things to be doing type nights?

• Advertisement

Me. JohnK said he might be in later.

who are you and how will I know who you are? you're new!!

PM sent.

Got it!

Where are all the others who were looking for excuses to go out etc?
    ok, so it's a sunday, but it doesn't have to be anything major:
    dimerocks, netron, Hells_belle, Dudara, Rymus, nesf... simu, are you coming? (who else is there?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

There is me but I'm working. Dimerocks is in town at the moment but I don't know if he will be boozing, I can text him if one would like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Got it!

Where are all the others who were looking for excuses to go out etc?
    ok, so it's a sunday, but it doesn't have to be anything major:
    dimerocks, netron, Hells_belle, Dudara, Rymus, nesf... simu, are you coming? (who else is there?)
    Add Fysh to the list and I think thats everyone.

ahh sure do text him, let him know we'll be there anyway, sorry I forgot you! I won't the next time, I promise...

JohnK wrote:
    Add Fysh to the list and I think thats everyone.
    nope, I forgot D-Generate also :( but I was close!!

Hope tonight went well! Apologies that I couldn't make it, instead I ended up drinking with my sister, her boyfriend and my other sisters boyfriend. I’m gagging for a night on the piss though so if there are any plans in the works let me know.

Quiet night, dizzyb and her friend went for a girls night out after a couple hours, myself and the german fella hung around for a couple more, then another couple in the Quad. Soberest weekend I've had in a while.

BBCs seem to be dead really, loads of "lets do somethings" and "yeah i'll be theres", but no follow-throughs. Typical Cork. I'm surprised we had as many as we did. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I feel like a dirty two-timing whore for missing this completely (damn my lack of net access at home! Tho I am working on it...) and yet inadvertently stumbling into a rival sort of event last Saturday from another board I frequent. Shame on me, or something. In fact, maybe a bit of Shelbyville/Springfield-style rivalry will rekindle things - yeah, this other board I know of has great pissups. And there's loads of women. And free beer. And, uh...uh...did I mention the women part?

*cough*

I, um, never mind...

You mean the remedial class? 75% foreigners using Cork slang terms (badly) to suggest a connection with the city, and 25% locals that the rest of Cork would like to see evicted for being an embarrassment? Yeah, there's real potential for competition there. Nothing a game of Scrabble wouldn't sort out in about five minutes though.

Ken Shabby wrote:
    BBCs seem to be dead really, loads of "lets do somethings" and "yeah i'll be theres", but no follow-throughs. Typical Cork. I'm surprised we had as many as we did. :)

I think that as winter settles in people will be more in the mood for a pint. Summer generaly means people are on the move and less likely to meetup.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Ken Shabby wrote:
    You mean the remedial class? 75% foreigners using Cork slang terms (badly) to suggest a connection with the city, and 25% locals that the rest of Cork would like to see evicted for being an embarrassment? Yeah, there's real potential for competition there. Nothing a game of Scrabble wouldn't sort out in about five minutes though.

Uh, no, I wasn't talking about PROC, but nice try anyway :)

I don't think anyone from here posts on the Other Board of Mystery, but you never know...

If it's P45, at least one does. I have a handle on there but found it even worse than Boards' current high levels of stupidity.

• Advertisement

Nah, nothing so big. It's actually an off-shoot of another cork-related forum I used to be on but which was, unfortunately, pretty much full to the hilt of idiot-like goodness.

Still not telling you what it is though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

(who else is there?)

Erm, ME!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I missed this thread completely, sorry all.

Fysh wrote:
    Still not telling you what it is though :P
    I'm gutted, absolutely gutted. I have to go away now and cry for a little while.

Ken Shabby wrote:
    I'm gutted, absolutely gutted. I have to go away now and cry for a little while.

Heh, your tears will get you NOWHERE! Well, maybe....no, no, I'm in a dictatorial mood today.

*cough*

So, um....provisional date for the next one?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Jim Comic

Much as I love the Well, you couldn't drag me into the place when they're having a festival. They're lunacy at the best of times, I can only imagine what it'll be like in conjunction with the Jazz Weekend.

Sort of like one of the outer circles of Hell, I should think - only with far better beer and slightly better toilet facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It wouldn't be hard for the outer circle of hell to have better toilet facilities than most pubs.

Dunno about the beer though, probably evaporates!

• Advertisement

But if you were in Hell, the beer would have to be bad, aye? So either it'd just be standard lager (if you don't like beer) or it'd be...errr..."processed" heineken (ie actual horsepiss instead of just something artificially designed to taste like it...). And there'd be some nobber perpetually spilling his pint over you so you can smell of it as well.

Advertisement