Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV returns?

Options
  • 18-09-2005 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,098 ✭✭✭✭

Just bought virtua tennis for the psp but im thinking now i would have preferred wipe out :o the game has been opened do they exchange them once opened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Cyrus wrote:
    Just bought virtua tennis for the psp but im thinking now i would have preferred wipe out :o the game has been opened do they exchange them once opened?

They should do, I've returned a few things which in their eyes muct have looked pretty suspicious, for example they sold me MGS3 without a disc in the box and they didn't give me a second look when I asked for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Did you go in and say "Grimloch want game" and shake your fist at them?

They gave me a copy of matrix revolutions without the disc in it (doing me a favor in the end). Went back in the next day and was swapped without question.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,449 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A friend of mine noticed after two weeks of play that his copy of Metroid Prime 2 was in fact Metroid Prime (thanks to bizarre information he found in a review). He went back to return it, but some fiend had escaped with a copy of Metroid 2 in a Metroid box, and hence there were zero copies left. He got his vouchers back no problem though, even though it was a fairly odd story to tell the girl working there....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

When i get new games keep them for a week or two till i get bored with them, then bring it back to the shop normally go for the big ones hmv, virgin, and say i just got this as a birthday present from the Gf but i already have it and get it exchanged for a different one that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

A friend of mine noticed after two weeks of play that his copy of Metroid Prime 2 was in fact Metroid Prime (thanks to bizarre information he found in a review). He went back to return it, but some fiend had escaped with a copy of Metroid 2 in a Metroid box, and hence there were zero copies left. He got his vouchers back no problem though, even though it was a fairly odd story to tell the girl working there....
    haha. what a putz :p
    at least he got to play the games in the order they should be played in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Mac daddy wrote:
    When i get new games keep them for a week or two till i get bored with them, then bring it back to the shop normally go for the big ones hmv, virgin, and say i just got this as a birthday present from the Gf but i already have it and get it exchanged for a different one that way.

Id say they tend to catch on after your 5th birthday in a span of 3 months :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Mac daddy wrote:
    People like that wreck my head tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

you dont want wipeout tbh you want burnout legends!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

From a retailers point of view, or a gamers?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

How does got for a kid who isnt allowed play game rated older than them? I say stupid old person bought it for my kid, does that sound better ?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

From a retailers point of view, or a gamers?
    Both really. We have kids who come into us every week, returning the game they bought the Saturday before and getting something new. Now that'd be a 10 euro rental in Xtra-Vision, but they're abusing the 10 day returns system and basically getting a free rental.
    How does got for a kid who isnt allowed play game rated older than them? I say stupid old person bought it for my kid, does that sound better ?
    Well *if* that's the truth, then it's a perfectly understandable reason to return a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

I guess that what comes with overly priced games combined with the mass underpaid population.

Advertisement