Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

metadata?

• 18-09-2005 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

whenever i log into my account on XP SP2 this pops up

metadata.JPG

i have no idea what it is. so could be some be as kind as to enlighten me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

In simple MetaData is the Data about Data.

look for error 0x80248011 in any of the Windows Update log files, particularly %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log. If present, this indicates a corrupt local metadata store for Windows Update. Solution: Click Start, click Run, type SERVICES.MSC, click OK. Stop the Automatic Updates service. Rename the c:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder to c:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.old. Restart the Automatic Updates service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

{F0ECD2A5-4BAB-42ED-A278-ABC7BD6AEA81} 320 2005-06-12 11:23:55+0100 1 148 101 {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} 0 80072ee2 AutomaticUpdates Failure Software Synchronization Error: Agent failed detecting with reason: 0x80072ee2

that is the only error i have. so its not the one you mentioned thanks anyway

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If you log in as another user do you get the same message ?

if not then it's profile related - check startups - if all else fails make a new profile after backing up yours (not sure if you could simply replace ntuser.dat with one from the new profile either)

try system restore ?

afaik its just me who gets the message

i shall try as youy have suggested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

have you got any creative software installed???
    such as creative media source??????

• Advertisement

yes i do why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

media source is the problem u could reinstall it,
    is it monitoring a large amount of files?

i usually got this error when i added a lot of mp3;s to the folder it
    was monitoring (60gb's worth) and started to organise the stuff
    with in those folders , and metadata would just crap out.

Upgrading recently seems to have fixed that.

Advertisement