Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn v Newcastle anyone? (Scores)

• 18-09-2005 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Blackburn: Friedel, Neill, Khizanishvili, Nelsen, Gresko, Savage, Mokoena, Reid, Pedersen, Bentley, Bellamy.
    Subs: Emerton, Kuqi, Enckelman, Tugay, Jansen.

Newcastle:
    Given, Carr, Boumsong, Taylor, Babayaro, Faye, Bowyer, Clark, N'Zogbia, Shearer, Owen.
    Subs: Elliott, Harper, Bramble, O'Brien, Brittain.

Bellamy to start against Souness, should be mighty interesting. Expect plenty of tough tackling and lots of indiscipline. Live on Prem Plus at 2pm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Hope Bellamy goes off fairly quick injured and Kuqi comes on and scores a hatrick.

Feck all goals in my FF team this weekend :(

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Blackburn are gonna need Morten Gamst Pedersen to unlock the Newcastle defence (although that shouldn't be too hard with Boumsong playing! :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

1-0, Big Al! G'wan my FF team!

Typical. Blackbvurn are all over them with nine shots on goal and Newcastle score their second. Can't watch the rest.

I just hope to feck Blackburn can score and at least level it up. The last thing I want is a win for Souness. Come on Rovers!

2-0, Owen. A towering header, no less...

• Advertisement

Taylor off for a second yellow, didn't go down like he was shot this time though. Not nice to see him go for pulling someone back, but if he was on a yellow he should have known not to do it.

[edit] Actually, seeing it again, theres no way it should even have been a yellow. Poor decision, but we're all used to them at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Lads that ref is a disaster. He's giving out the cards way too easily.

7 of them already, 6 to Newcastle. He was probably expecting a much dirtier game and decided to dish out the cards to make up for not having too much to do.

Blackburn have had two good chances from corners since going behind, Tugay and the Georgian guy (I think?). Not even going to attempt to spell his name.

3-0, a great composed finish from N'Zogbia.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Shots:
    Blackburn 15
    Newcastle 3

lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

What a finish from N'Zogbia!

• Advertisement

Gutted is the only word to describe how I feel :(

As pointed out above, Blackburn 15 shots on target, Newcastle 3!

This will give Souness a reprieve for a while but, in fairness, Newcastle are going to have to beat alot tougher opposition than Blackburn if he's to keep his job.

For once the shot statistics didnt tell the whole story. The first half was poor, very scrappy and even. Newcastle took their chances but Blackburn didn't really have any clear cut chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

The opener came really against the run of play, but when it went in, Newcastle looked a different team entirely. I think Blackburn got a bit of confidence back when Taylor was sent off, and put them under a spell of pressure (and had a few very near chances, like the volley from Tugay). But poor defending let N'Zogbia in at the end, and then Blackburn were finished.
    Fair play to Newcastle, they did the job with a lot of absentees.

Havent seen the game yet so can't comment. Its very hard to take losing 3-0 though. Especially when its to Souness.

Still, Newcastle have spent more in one season than we have in the last 5 or 6. In fact, they've spent more on Owen than we've spent in about the last 3 seasons.

Advertisement