Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you seen this?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

That's pretty good.

In fact, very good.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Karlusss wrote:
    That's pretty good.

In fact, very good.

The inclusion of "The Game" is an utter disgrace. "Recurring" theme my ass. I'll remove it from there at some point, if I remember to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

halenger wrote:
    The inclusion of "The Game" is an utter disgrace. "Recurring" theme my ass. I'll remove it from there at some point, if I remember to.
    I was rather disgusted.

Also, it seems to have been added to by some rather bitter people. NPOV hasn't exactly been preserved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Have you read the page about The Game? It's really interesting. I didn't think it was such a big thing. Does it belong in the C.T.Y.I. traditions? After next year it probably will, but not this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Placed my thoughts on the discussion page.

Not terrible page, but needs a rewrite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

Strategies involve placing "The Game" signs in bedroom windows
    hee hee
    My room:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

That's a really fucking stupid article. It's in no way about CTYI, it's about CTYI session 2 05

also, someone seems to have butchered it in the act of editing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

It's clearly written by the guy who built the cup pyramids.

That's probably it, considering it has more weight than anything else in the culture part.

Edited to refer to CTYI in general, not just s2 05. Game and pyramids are removed and usage of the word Ultimate is added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The replacing of the word ''last'' with ''best ever'' only occured this year. Áine and Viki came up with it I think.

It would probably be best to add comments pertaining to the article to the "Discussion" page for the wiki entry, that way it can be edited accordingly by others (or do it yourself)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Laziness/tiredness/apathey prevent me from doing anything productive. I prefer to whinge.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Un-Big

*sigh* ahhhh nostalgia

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

LiamD wrote:
    Knowing the guy i doubt this.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Yeah, he doesn't even enjoy replying to texts. Typical Kerryman.

Should there be some mention of complaining about canteen food, or the other disco songs, or the Talent shows? It's kind of hard to think of 'tradtitions' that weren't invented this year.

Waht about the staff-student games? Or Eoin Carolan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

the year that i was a newbie makes me an oldie but on that point i didnt know anyone had set a time or such to make an oldie or anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭guX

I think a summary of the daily/weekly schedule should be included in the article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

I think your ma should be included in this article

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

LiamD wrote:
    I know for a fact that it isn't. Because someone came up to him in the last week and asked for permission to use the cup pyramids. So unless he controls two people...
    And for future reference, it's "yore ma", not your ma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

the year that i was a newbie makes me an oldie but on that point i didnt know anyone had set a time or such to make an oldie or anything like that.

Yeah, it's a bit badly phrased. It presumably changes between years. Silly.

LordCran wrote:
    I know for a fact that it isn't. Because someone came up to him in the last week and asked for permission to use the cup pyramids. So unless he controls two people...
    And for future reference, it's "yore ma", not your ma.
    I've got a Northern accent so if I were to spell it phonetically twould be yeer maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

...I'm an oldie? Well that's bull****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 KieranusTyranus

I have said it so many times its Your Mother not yore ma.

Leave my ma out of this! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

...and i'll leave this out of yore ma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hobotastic

Is that reference to Ultimate Dolphin Appreciation something to do with the sign i had in my window last year? The one with the picture of a dolphin, and the words "Dolphin Appreciation! YEAH!" written on it? If so.... *feels proud*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Starbabe

What!! No mention of Cross Dress Wednesday or Bare Foot Friday or Random Licking Day or the signing of the note books or orgies .. or..or....

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

To be fair, bare foot day didn't really take off this year, what with us being made wear shoes and my feet getting sore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

How about 'the T stands for tsmart'. And what's all that about CTY Irrelevant?

Advertisement