Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you seen this?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Bill lives in carlow y'know. Waaaay bigger culchie hole than Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Raphael wrote:

Oi!

*backs away* Oh no wait you're right... :( *runs away*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Pyschopath666

While all the above is true, it must be remembered that there are those who do not take part in any such activities. Those that abstain from these activities refer to those that take part as "losers".

Where did this come from???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Only a loser would do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭the_red_cherry

i just thought it ws interesting they had it and felt no urge to bitch about it. ctyi is different to everyone i think it'd be hard to give a description that would satisfy everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Raphael wrote:

...says the guy from New Ross. Riiight.

Remember, Raph, I know where you live.

Well I live in Monaghan so :p I win in culchieness!

You've clearly never seen New Ross then,.

And yes, Bill was in my house. I should put up a plaque...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭the_red_cherry

Raphael wrote:
    You've clearly never seen New Ross then,.

And yes, Bill was in my house. I should put up a plaque...

took me a few seconds to realise you weren't talking about something tooth related. yeah sometimes i wonder how i got into ctyi too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

We all have our doubts once in a while.... just keep your faith lass, and visit your local mensa stockist :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭guX

The T is for Smart. There is an T before the "Smart", however, but it is both invisible and silent - it is neither pronounced or written down.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Raphael wrote:

Overall, yes, but I live in Mallow, the Nirvana of culchies (with the obvious exception of Leitrem and Monaghan).
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Local Economy
    The town's prosperity is largely due to the rich agricultural region which surrounds it and the subsequent emergence of industrial development, both associated with the region and with the highly educated workforce.

The Mallow area with its population of 8,937 (2002 Census) has an abundance of skilled labour and a pool of well-educated and eager young people. (Hah!) The town is also a commuter town for workers and students travelling to and from Cork by road and local rail. The Irish Sugar Company has a sugar beet processing factory in the town. The future of this factory is uncertain due to imminent changes in the European Union sugar subsidy programme.

The local racecourse, now renamed "Cork Racecourse at Mallow", plays host to large horse racing events.

And we wont have the factory much longer. They took away our chocolate factory too! To be fair, though, 2FM were in Mallow from 4 to 6 yesterday. They were driving through and got caught in a tractor jam.

Are there enough people in Leitrim for it to be a culchie-hole? I know it's full of cr*p farming land and natural worthlessness... sorry I meen beauty, but surely the lack of anyone culchie or no means that it can't be claimed for any one group?

Well, they got their first set of traffic lights in 2002. Somebody had to install them...

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Yes but how do we know they're still there?

If a traffic light falls in Leitrim does it make a sound? :confused:

No, because it'd have been sold for scrap metal before it hits the ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

It rhymes...

Although it is still my theory that Leitrim doesn't actually exist...
    Kinda like an Irish Purgatory - you get threatened with it when you're a bold boy.
    You get to where the map says it should be, and a sign says "Welcome to... Ha!! Fooled the lot of ye!!! Yer still in County Roscommon."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ChocolateTurtle

That is so amazing. I want to find out who wrote that. Don't really agree with the whole "losers" thing. There's also an entry for "The Game" in the Wikipedia. Such a cool invention

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Wiki R Metal.

Jack Lynch wrote:
    They took away our chocolate factory too!

And yis basstards took away our sugar factory. Yiz basstards.

• Advertisement

Mwahahah. It was all part of our master plan. Now we own all of the sugar, and all must bow down to us. Already, with the money we've gotten from Kelloggs, we've opened a Gamestop and a Pizza Hut! Next stop, nuclear misslies. Or a cinema. We're not fussy.

Besides, it's only fair. We get the sugar factory, you get the drugs. and the better name

What about some intricate combination of the two?
    The cinema and nuclear missiles that is.

Nuclear cinema?

Yes, a magical fantiful land with with glowing popcorn, lead-lined codpieces and the occasional radiation related death.

Cinemissiles. People could get to watch a movie as a giant missile-powered screen comes towards them

Very. Very. Slowly.

A slight miscalculation and they'll be wiped out in a burst of cleansing flame, before they even found out who she marries in the end.

It could be showing Dr. Strangelove, and the missile could be timed to go off just as the Texan captain fellow, can't remember his name, drops the bomb.

Some version of the thing in the first cinema when people thought the train was going to hit them, only with a missile instead of the train, also it's an actual missile.
    It may sound stupid but it hasn't gotten any bad reviews. In fact it hasn't got any reviews due to the lack of audience survivors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Anto and Moe

Curse you all, I just lost The Game!

• Advertisement

*hits*

Advertisement