Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresher's week!!!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Its at 5, last week it was at the back of the student centre, past the hockey pitches, beside the 5-a-side little football enclosed pitches on the astro turf, you'll see people with bats. Its to the right of the car park.
    I've got blonde hair and will probably be looking confused, come find me and say hi.

I'll probably be too shy to say hi :o but I'll be that bloke who will accidentally swing a bat into someones face knocking out their teeth*.... damn my lack of sporting co-ordination :(

*DISCLAIMER - if it's you I'm sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Well whats your actual name? I'll be Karen, at softball and generally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Well whats your actual name? I'll be Karen, at softball and generally.

Alan it is, I've got short Brown hair, 5'11'', credit card details are...... :D only kidding! I'm fugging dyin' of a cold tonight so I'm 50/50 if I'll be there tomorrow but if I'm there I'll keep an eye out for ya...... hopefully there won't be about 20 Karens with blonde hair! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭kas

I'll keep an eye out for ya...... hopefully there won't be about 20 Karens with blonde hair! :eek:

If there are... well, you have my number. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I'm fugging dyin' of a cold tonight
    Yeah there's a lot of that going around.
    In fact, I'm sittin here in the daedalus practically gluing up the keys with phlegm, phlegm, pleghm, phlegm...

Just thought I'd share that with all of you.

P.S. I'm beginning to wonder about the wisdom of joining CricketSoc. I have an inherent distrust of any society that says "Well, we've got nothing planned... But when we do, we'll call you!". Dastards.

• Advertisement

I've had a cold all week too, as does everyone else in the Comp. Sci building it would appear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Yeah. Lotta sniffling and coughing in the programming lecture :rolleyes:. Still haven't met any of the boardsie comp sci people...

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rasher_b2

Waltons wrote:
    Yeah. Lotta sniffling and coughing in the programming lecture :rolleyes:. Still haven't met any of the boardsie comp sci people...

and one person coughing triggers another person coughing and so on until the whole room is coughing...yea

Waltons wrote:

Nor have I. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I had to actually get up and leave a lecture on friday because the sound of my hacking cough was drowning the lecturer out and it was just too embarassing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭kas

Yeuk! Yeuk! Yeuk!

Thankfully I'm disease free. I'm going home before any of you infect me. Unless you can think of interesting ways to do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I'm bored, but thankfully don't have a cold! I'm in a comp room in DCU now, but I miss UCD. This place is really quiet, and has 3 hour lectures which I do not approve of :mad: I got around to trying the Starbucks coffee today, but it was pretty strong so I couldn't actually drink it! I think it could have been nice if it wasn't so strong though...The resteraunt is pretty good, actually has edible food and all :p Think I'll go off now and try an figure out where everyone is in this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I have a cold too. My nose is a brighter red than the nose of that famous red-nosed reindeer. What was his name? Gandalf?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I have a cold too. Not fair. Need to stay healthy so I can kill my liver with drink tomorrow night (Sony is getting us drunk for free :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Barbes

blondie83 wrote:
    I'm bored, but thankfully don't have a cold! I'm in a comp room in DCU now, but I miss UCD. This place is really quiet, and has 3 hour lectures which I do not approve of

I agree, I'm a former UCD head at DCU too, the campus seems so small and it is really quiet... clubs & socs days (only 2 days!!) next week though, maybe things will pick up then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

blondie starbucks have around 3 different blends of coffee, make sure to always ask for mild coffee of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

boneless wrote:
    I echo the 'glad its all over' sentiments!! But there were some fun moments... like when the PD's asked me if I was a lecturer and if so would I be interested in joining... the look of shock on their wee tiny fizz's when I informed them that I was a mere student and a Communist to boot!! They must have had a sheltered life, poor souls.

Still, Archaeology had a better year than last for members. And you WILL join, peachy!!!

It also had a better year for lunchboxes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Blush_01 wrote:
    It also had a better year for lunchboxes!

A big boy stole it and ran away.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Yeah, yeah. That's why I didn't win the DVD's either - a big boy stole them and ran away too, eh? *Tuts*

Join Archaeology Soc. They blame the big boys. *narrows eyes*

Advertisement