Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Networks

• 18-09-2005 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hey all, I need a bit of help!

Well I bid on a 3g motorola v980 phone off ebay from a UK seller, I won the auction and it should be arriving some time this week. Right now I'm meteor but have an 087 number, I'm guessing I have to switch to Vodafone to use the new phone.

So what do I do? What type sim card do I have to get. I want to keep my 087 number and I don't mind switching to Vodafone.

Please help, thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Well i have a vodafone simcard its about a year old and when i used it in the motorola it worked with 3g and video calling.(My friend also has one and it works too.So your 087 sim could work in it without buying a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pinkfoot

Thanks!

People are talking about unlocking their phones too, Will I have to do this
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Most likely. A phone from the UK will probably be locked to the UK network.

Ugh, No.

Even if its never been used?

Yeh most likely it is locked to the vodafone uk network if its not locked its fine then.

• Advertisement

Oh, I think I can sort it out even if it is locked!

Two of my friends have gotten the same phone this past week, from a store in dublin and both have been locked. They are saying its a problem with the phone right now, I'm sure I can pretend I bought mine or something and its locked :D

Other then that, will I need a new sim card to change back to vodafone even if previously I was 087 but changed to Meteor :rolleyes:

Id think they'd find out one way or another.To save you all the hassle doing this just bring it to a phone shop and get it unlocked for about 15-20€.

Advertisement