Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tips for the leaving cert.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

patzer117 wrote:
    Here's a tip: if you're doing 7 subjects or more at honours, drop down to ordinary Irish. You don't need honours to go to college or anything, and the effort you put into irish is worth so much more when you apply it to a different subject. Besides it's going to be the worst subject for most people anyway. Don't bother learning the fianniocht or ruraiocht or whatever, drop to pass and enjoy yourselves for God's sake. None of this 5 hourse per night lark as the Irish Times said a few days ago

Patzer
    nah i like irish...if i work at it i know i'll be ok! anyway...the more honours the better is how i look at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

everyone knows that you have no choice about rish so you should start sorting it out years ago. if you have to do it you might aaswell get the points for all those hours oyu spend in irish classes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

4Xcut wrote:
    everyone knows that you have no choice about rish so you should start sorting it out years ago. if you have to do it you might aaswell get the points for all those hours oyu spend in irish classes
    what he said ^^^ lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

Funkstard wrote:
    I've already started whittling down what I'll need to study, Art History is possibly the most choice you will find in an exam in the world. You have to do 3 questions out of 24!

In Irish history I'll be studying the Iron Age, monasteries/manuscripts and Newgrange. One of them absolutely has to come up because none were asked last year. I haven't gotten to European History yet, but Art Appreciation you don't even need to study for.

Madness. I also just spent €125 buying a rake of past papers, Less Stress More Success' and English novels/plays etc.

iron age wasnt on our course last year.

Advertisement