Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Headset with mic?

Options
  • 18-09-2005 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Is it possible to get wireless headsets with mics? I may be just blind but i cant seem to finds any online and id apreciate any help!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

nah mate havent seen any for yonks

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hunter S

Damn, i use Skype for about two hours eveynight and its kinda uncomforable to have to sit at my computer table for that lenght of time

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Have you considered Bluetooth?

Get yourself a bluetooth USB gadget and a bluetooth headset and off ya go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

tom dunne wrote:
    Have you considered Bluetooth?

Get yourself a bluetooth USB gadget and a bluetooth headset and off ya go.

Will skyke work with that, i have the bluetooth usb and i could easily get the headset. But i would have a clue how to set up skype with it

thansk for all your help guys

• Advertisement

Well, forget about Skype for a minute - think of it in terms of setting up a microphone and "speaker" for the PC (essentially, and audio input and and audio output source).

Once you get that working, Skype will recognise it.

I have used my bluetooth headset for listening to mp3's - not the best of quality, but it proves that it can be done.

Im not very techno savy though, could it be done by a non pro!!!

Of course it can.

Essentially, the steps involved are:

Install Bluetooth adapdter on PC (sounds like you already have that done)
    Get a Bluetooth headset and pair it up with your PC (usually set the headset into discover mode, then tell the PC to go find it)
    Once they are paired, you can record your own voice using Sound Recorder (Start-Programs->Accessories->Entertainment->Sound Recorder)
    Then you need to make sure you can hear something through the headset - fire up Media Player or an MP3 player.

Now that you have the Headset confirmed working, fire up Skype and make sure to set the input source to the headset (usually Bluetooth Audio), same for the output source.

Let me know if you need more details.

Your a legend man thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Heh. Presuming that you can pair it (XP SP2 doesn't natively support headset profile)

• Advertisement

I have successfully paired my headset with my laptop on XP SP2 using the software that came with it.

i.e. the bluetooth stack...so it's not really paired with SP2

My point was that it is may not be as straightforward as posted previously -but can be done (As to not mislead the O.P.)

so back to the drwing board...wireless headphones with mic?

Hunter S wrote:
    so back to the drwing board...wireless headphones with mic?

A bluetooth headset is the only real option. It'll work..with a little bit of effort perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Ya i did dave thanks but holding a phone for hours would be a disaster.

Right...
    If you don't want to hold a phone/device for hours: then either don't so much, or get a headset (wired).
    If you don't want wires / to be stuck at your computer desk for too long: bluetooth headset... get Class 1 bluetooth devices - even at this rate _there is a limit_ to the distance that you can travel before the reception is choppy or drops.
    End.

You tell him Karoma :D

Hunter S - the point that is being made here is that I probably made it sound easier than it is. I personally didn't have much trouble, that doesn't mean it's going to be plain sailing for you. As Karoma said, Bluetooth really is the only viable option.

I hope that clears everything up.

Advertisement