Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone watching Espanyol-Madrid? (Scores)

• 18-09-2005 7:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone watching Madrid? A bizarre refereeing decision, he blew the whistle to give a penalty but allowed the goal that went in after he had blown. 1-0 Espanyol by the way. Not really a fair reflection on the play, Madrid have just shaded it.

Barcelona are up next, on SS1, vs Atletico Madrid.

Finished up 1-0, Madrid ended up having Ramos and Baptista sent off. Bye bye Luxemburgo, not now, but soon...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

After the midweeks performance coupled with tonights I think its adios Vanderly Luxemburgo. Also not forgetting the draw with Cadiz and the loss at home to Celta Vigo , 2 reds tonight , I think Mr. Perez is going to wield his axe yet again.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I only saw the second half but I thought Madrid were dreadful. They don't seem to care at all, the amount of space Espanyol were getting in Madrid's half was unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

De La Pena played a blinder. Pity his little lob didnt go in.....what a goal that would have been.

Glad to see them doing poorly. That said, they had enough chances in the first half and the opening 15-20 mins of the 2nd half to win a few games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

1-1 with Athletico and Barca, who else but Torres after who else but Eto'o...

Great game.

This is my 5th game today, I really should get out more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bah only in only saw one game today and it was **** :(

Madrid lost at home last week so thats 3 in a row, amazed he lasted till today tbh. Seemingly Del Bosque coming back according to Guillem.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

The best possible move tbh in bringing Del Bosque back. They sacked the man the day after he won the league, by rights he should tell Perez to get stuffed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Barca also lost today, 2-1 none other than Kezman!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

You know how much I'd give to see Sounesss take over Real :)
    Jesus christ, what a couple of months that would be, sorry couple of days :)

I think they need someone uber uber uber uber uber uebr strong minded and takes no ****e from players whatsoever.
    Wonder what odds I'd get on them convinving Mourinho to take over.
    They would probably treble his wages etc etc.
    What about Wenger? He has been sought after by Real before, when they were trying to get Henry Vieira and Wenger in one go.
    Maybe that Lyon guy will get the job.
    This'll be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Barca also lost today, 2-1 none other than Kezman!!!

all the teams looking to buy strikers during the summer, ie liverpool and newcastle, and nobody seemed to even consider kezman...fools. 5.5million for one of the best strikers around, i would have snapped chelseas hands off if they offered him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

el rabitos wrote:
    all the teams looking to buy strikers during the summer, ie liverpool and newcastle, and nobody seemed to even consider kezman...fools. 5.5million for one of the best strikers around, i would have snapped chelseas hands off if they offered him

I think the problem was that Kezman, like Forlan to a certain extent, didn't really suit the style of the Premier League. That said, he probably would have been 12 - 15 goals a season if he played regularly in any of the other top 10 sides.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Serbian wrote:
    I think the problem was that Kezman, like Forlan to a certain extent, didn't really suit the style of the Premier League. That said, he probably would have been 12 - 15 goals a season if he played regularly in any of the other top 10 sides.

Ehh if i was upfront and some magical brazilian was playing tru balls to me elaving me one on one at least 5 times in a game, i would get a goal a game :D

Hope liverpool thorwing money at Rafa Madrid will be looking for a new manager soon.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

PHB wrote:
    You know how much I'd give to see Sounesss take over Real :)
    Jesus christ, what a couple of months that would be, sorry couple of days :)

I think they need someone uber uber uber uber uber uebr strong minded and takes no ****e from players whatsoever.
    Wonder what odds I'd get on them convinving Mourinho to take over.
    They would probably treble his wages etc etc.
    What about Wenger? He has been sought after by Real before, when they were trying to get Henry Vieira and Wenger in one go.
    Maybe that Lyon guy will get the job.
    This'll be interesting
    It could be Carlo Ancelotti if Milan's horrible start to the Serie A season continues. One point from two away matches.......plus he's gotten the vote of confidence from the board. :-/

Advertisement