Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Green Street

• 18-09-2005 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Went to see Green Street yesterday in UGC and i have to say it was excellent. having read some of the reviews i was itching to see it and wasn't dissappointed. It's about the GSE (Green Street Elite) , West Ham's firm.. very violent, not for the squeemish but a great portrayal of football hooliganism and a first-class performance from Elijah Wood.... highly recomended

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It's decent enough but suffers a bit from Hollywoodism and "lessons learnt". Last year's "The Football Factory" was a better, more effecting, take on football firms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Is Elijah Wood as a football hooligan not pushing it a bit?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Playboy wrote:
    Is Elijah Wood as a football hooligan not pushing it a bit?

yeah, well I think he's supposed to be the innocent American who gets caught up in the animal insanity of the whole thing. I haven't seen the film, but I imagine he later comes to his senses after something major happens and he learns a valuable and harsh lesson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

I thought it was a terrible film. Elijah wood is a great actor but i just could not take him serious as a football hooligan.

Film is worth going to see if you'd like to hear the worst attempt at a london accent ever by the head of the firm Pete.

As was said earlier football factory pi$$es all over this

Advertisement