Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Quiff

• 18-09-2005 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Ok people.....what are your views on the quiff....is it still as kool as ever or is it sooo last year? Let me hear what you think.

And for those of you who dont know what a quiff is click here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

oh god, it's horrible. how was that *ever* fashionable? or, for that matter, 'kool'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

When I click the link I get redirected to the microsoft homepage :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

qz wrote:
    When I click the link I get redirected to the microsoft homepage :confused:

As did I, a page about virus's or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

personally i think that its kinda gone out really...but it does look good on some people who can pull it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Apologies about the link people...its fixed now.

The quiff has been a trade mark of style and sophistication for many a year..has it truely lost all its glory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

its hideous

Nightwish wrote:
    its hideous

lol..fair enough..everyone is entitled 2 their own opinion blah blah blah
    I think it can look really kool on sum ppl.If its kept at an appropiate length it can really look good.It also looks better if the hair is dry (unlike in the pic), but isnt very easy 2 get it 2 stay in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

personally i think that its kinda gone out really...but it does look good on some people who can pull it off
    agreed, some ppl make it look good other make it look awfull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

electric69 wrote:
    is it still as kool as ever or is it sooo last year?

The quiff was never cool!!!!! :eek:

• Advertisement

:eek: ZANE! how could you say such a thing?Elvis!?the king...he had a quiff...although im not talking about a quiff half as big as his...are you trying to tell me that ELVIS isn't kool? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Not a good thing, however it can be pulled off... very rarely, and only then by a girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

what? how can a girl pull off a quiff? (no masturbation jokes, please) I can't see any girl with a quiff, let alone see one that looks good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Marts wrote:
    what? how can a girl pull off a quiff? (no masturbation jokes, please) I can't see any girl with a quiff, let alone see one that looks good

Not that I watch the thing but there was someone in the O.C. I think with a quiff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Mark Lamarr is a bad example of a quiff.. his always looked wierd.

check this -

67864.jpeg

Now that's a quiff!

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 bagocans

james Dean = cool quiff. Some peoples quiffs are natural, then westlife went and ruined it n every idiot gave themselves a pathetic faggy quiff, complete with streaks usually.

The streaks in the quiff is a big no no.completly ruins it.naturally done looks the best imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 rose of jericho

The quiff is still in all you have to do is go to the Voodoo Lounge on rockabilly night just to see how many quiffs there are in Dublin. My other half has one and for any budding quiffsters Black and White pomade is the only thing to use to get it looking right. And by the Mark Lamarr hasn't got a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

it all depends on the size of your nose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

quiffs on guys can look cool
    the female ones are just sickening

• Advertisement

I love quiffs, but then again I'm a rockabilly at heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

I have a quiff when I don't gel my hair....but I agree, it looks horrible. (on girls anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Their still alright on some people....its like all hair cuts they won't suit everyone but there's some that they really suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The only good examples of a quiff are BoHopkins in AmericanGraffiti and JohnnyBravo.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Horrible,that's about all i have to say on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

The traditional 1950's rock n roll quiff is a classic. Wish i could manage one of em..

Advertisement