Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric Razors

• 18-09-2005 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Ok guys need your help. have any of use got the electric razors. im looking at the philishave cool skin hq7782. whats the advantages and dis of having one of these over say a mach 3?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

surely someone knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 xtreem

Rechargeable, can be used as a dry shaver too.
    Blades changed roughly every 2 years at a cost of about 35 euro as compared to the Mach 3...cost of pack of blades every few weeks.
    Sachets for coolskin shaver are an ongoing expense though!

Very hard to cut yourself with an electric shaver.Much better for sensitive skin, avoids dragging a blade over bumps etc.
    Have you used electric before? Foil or round head?
    type of growth, heavy/light? Do you shave every day ?

Braun do a foil version of this machine called the Freeglider, same price range etc.

Let me know if you need any other info

XTREEM
    Irelands only Pogonotomist

Hi mate thanks for that. Well i havent used a lecky razor before but want to start. I am sick of the Mach 3. I shave everyday but its never long hair just stubble.

Its going to be between these two

Razor 1

Razor 2

I am stumped to know what the difference is. I know the first one is waterproof which is great and the sachets are there but you wouldnt go threw them that quick would you? If i am spending this sort of money i want to get something decent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 xtreem

The first one is primarily a wet shaver, downside is it can't be used direct off the mains.
    Sachets last a couple of weeks, come in a box of 5 for €5.05

The second one is the latest idea, larger shaving head.

Try looking at Philishave Speed XL HQ8170... thats the exact same shave/speed/heads etc... only difference is the display on the front, retails in Ireland about 189 euro, plus this one also has a self cleaning facility (a copy of the earlier Braun synchro/activator series).

WARNING:Currys/boots/Argos etc. only stock UK MODELS!!! So there can be issues with easy availability of parts etc.

Philishave are the worlds top sellers (thats including their Norelco US range).

Philips, and Braun have service centres/spares distributers here in Ireland, Remington, Grundig, Hitachi, Panasonic etc. don't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Don't bother with the saches unless you like to fall for gimmicks and spend money unnecessarily. Also with an electric the shave won't be as close as with your mach 3, but if you dont mind that then go for it. Damn handy things.

• Advertisement

About the first one. you wouldnt want to use it of the mains would you ? whole idea is it been cordless. maily want it for the shower etc. so do use think this is the right one for me. i didnt know u didnt have to get the sachets so thats cool. I know it wont be so close a shave but hopefully wont be **** either.
    what do u mean about the warning? should i not buy a uk item ?

bump*

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I had one of those philishaves with the nivea cream a few years ago - it wasn't great to be honest - there was a small window of opportunity when your beard would do well with an electric .

I then had a Braun flex integral which went blunt quickly and replacing the heads and cutters made it ok for a while.

If you suffer from dry skin then an electric only seems to make the problem worse - they are handy for a quick touchup but - for me - they didn't really do the job.

surely they have gotten better by now though..

Advertisement