Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 star bug, i finally figured it out.

Options
  • 18-09-2005 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

The 3 star bug , why is the game exceptionaly hard on 3 stars but easier on 6?

Well that little bonus continues in WE9 and PES5, and its not a bug just stupid coding. The Cpu doesnt be as direct thus passes the ball around a lot making it hard to tackle but its not direct ie , doesnt go straight for the throat like on 6.

But on 6 you can beat players that you cant beat on 3, thats because they are direct and lunge at so its a 50-50 to get by them , you can skip by whereas on 3 stars they dont tackle much just get in the bloody way.

So after 4 international cups as Brazil on 3 and 6 playing England Holland and
    Germany in my group, i finally copped onto the bug they not as direct hence making it easier kinda to win on 6 stars but not so easy on 3.

That pissed me off for ages :D

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

yeah, buying 6 stars was such a waste of PES money. Nearly as much as a waste as buying a choice of balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I already had it figuired out , I have different tactics for the different level settings .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭the tipster

Big Ears wrote:
    I already had it figuired out , I have different tactics for the different level settings .

thats pretty sad.

and nice tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

thats pretty sad.
    Nahh, it's not. It's just like having different tactics for playing against humans as opposed to CPU. Or different tactics for playing against different humans. SofaKing and I were roughly even and were always able to beat each other, but he always seemed way better against CPU than me.

I hadn't ever heard of 3-star being so difficult, or anything, I just left it on 3-star for ages because it was the default. So I decided to up it to 4-star and in my first game I gave France a good 5-0 thrashing with Ireland and was pretty surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Yeah 3 Star difficulty is a joke.

I barely pull out a 1-0 victory,its usually 0-0 or 1-1 :(

6 Stars however i can regularly thrash a team like England 3 or 4 nil. Weird eh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Balfa wrote:
    SofaKing and I were roughly even
    Ah well now.....thats debateable :)

Aside, on the PC don't some of the better patches fix the problem by changing parameters in the code so as to make 5/6star opposition play more indirect (and hence, more difficult) football...? Not certain about this but im sure i read something like it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

thats pretty sad.

some would say calling someone sad on the internet is sad itself .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

SofaKing wrote:
    Ah well now.....thats debateable :)

Aside, on the PC don't some of the better patches fix the problem by changing parameters in the code so as to make 5/6star opposition play more indirect (and hence, more difficult) football...? Not certain about this but im sure i read something like it somewhere.

Afaik to change the code would mean the exe being altered if that was possible (other than for warez reasons) the netcode could be altered too.

Its the game they dont attack just pass the bloody ball along the halfway line on 3 stars damn annoying chaising it, but on 6 they go at you.

4-0 vs Brazil on 6 with ireland scored all them in the 1st 18 minutes didnt have another shot on target after it :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

KdjaC wrote:
    Afaik to change the code would mean the exe being altered if that was possible (other than for warez reasons) the netcode could be altered too.
    Ah, of course silly me, there's no actual code available to modify, its an .exe. :o

Now i don't actually own the PC version, but perhaps the PES4 folder does contain data files or config files that contain parameters/penalty values used by the in-game engine, and these can be changed/tweaked...?

Anyways, i couldve sworn reading about some guy (on some other forum such as pesinsight/evo-web) who did something along these lines and produced a patch.

I'll do some more digging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Pes 4 has Dat folder with 4 AFS files and an opmov files.
    Opmov is the intro
    The AFS are sound and text/graphics.

The para file dictates online option files.

I looked at it when it came out to try change the netcode and the only way i could see was to rebuild the exe with new code, somfin the source would be needed for unless you a warewz cracker monkey. Sucks could have at least let modders try fix the netcode, i got my army of modding monkeys @ modtheater.com to have a look but without source or some way of editing the exe and it working. Its a non runner.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

PLF data patches are the closest you'll get to gameplay changes.

They dont change the actual code, its more a database edit, but as a result the game does play differently, as the CPU uses players differently depending on their ability, so you'll find certain teams do play more like their real life counterparts.
    This is the closest we'll probably ever get, especially as we're coming to the end of the current generation, so we'll have to wait for the scene to begin all over again next gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

So thats what it is! I used to play Pro Evo 4 on 6 stars and have fantastic high scoring games. I hadnt played in ages and when I got WE9 I thought I would play a league at 3 stars until I got back into it but I keep having 1-0 and 0-0 games. Was anoying me.

Advertisement