Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KoRn

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Never have been a fan of Korn but I saw them last month in Belgium and they definetly surpassed my expectations (moreso the experience that is, crowd were great and I was fairly pissed). Their cover of Another Brick in the Wall was a nice surprise.

Besides that, I wouldn't be inticed to go any further, much better music out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Speaking of covers, did anyone else see that MTV special on Metallica where they did a cover of One? I have to say, that was the highlight of the night. Although with Avril Lavegne and Snoop Dog doing some pretty ghastly covers, it wasn't much competition for Korn was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'm sure it's no match for their cover of Jingle Bells :p

• Site Banned Posts: 152 ✭✭Resurrection

Worse vocalist ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mist

Now thats just being lame. He's a damn good vocalist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

Not a bad band tbh, one of the first bands in the way of metal i liked, before that i was more into punk rock, but when I listened to there first album for the first time ever it blew me away. It seems fresh and new and unlike anything i had ever heard. I seen them in the rds the time they played with puddle of mud, and have to say I got the same feeling hearing the song from the first album played live.
    Alot of people say that they dont play very techniclly difficult songs,but i say why do songs have to be difficult to be any good?
    Indeed I like some technical stuff like opeth, but I really dont care at all. I think its all about the overall sound. Like take a band like ratm their guitarist plays some funky ass sh1t, were as soad theirs is quite basic but the end result imo is a much better band.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Speaking of covers, did anyone else see that MTV special on Metallica where they did a cover of One? I have to say, that was the highlight of the night. Although with Avril Lavegne and Snoop Dog doing some pretty ghastly covers, it wasn't much competition for Korn was it?
    thought korn did an excellent job on One,snoop dog hurt though...if avril had out some emotion into it it could have been ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

thought korn did an excellent job on One,snoop dog hurt though...if avril had out some emotion into it it could have been ok.

yeah they made a mess up of one of the bits though when johnathon fceked up the lyrics. painfully obvious but overall enjoyable. they also do soulfly on their live DVD

/edit just got a horrible shiver thinking of stainds Nothing Else Matters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Cungi wrote:
    Got into Korn in 96 but stopped listening to them after the Follow the Leader album. They probably kick started the Nu Metal scene along with Fear Factory...
    Woah nelly! How the funk are FF nu-metal...if anythin they be industrial (and don't mention digimortal please...it's a stain on their earlier & later stuff)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Woah nelly! How the funk are FF nu-metal...if anythin they be industrial (and don't mention digimortal please...it's a stain on their earlier & later stuff)

Woah nelly yourself! How the funk are FF industrial? The likes of KMFDM, Laibach, Einsturzende Neubauten or anyone else you could mention wouldn't be please with FF being considered industrial.

• Advertisement

Okay all out industrial metal is a bad term to use for them (my bad...), but some of their music has very industrial, metallic elements, mainly on Soul Of A New Machine and Demanufacture...but classing them as Nu-Metal is fierce dodgy imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

"Korn" and "Life is Peachy" are both still somewhat listenable. Rarely ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Keyboards do not an industrial band make

Not necessarily, but anyways I said all-out industrial metal is a bad term to use for them...look above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I still really like KoRn but I think I only have their first couple of albums!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

Never said they were Nu Metal, I just think IMO they helped start that scene (though probably not intentionally) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Korn are pants ! :)

Mmmm pants...

Advertisement