Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For a player on a budget.

• 18-09-2005 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Korea offers a slew of free MMOs for the would-be monster slayer. I'm an avid fan of the humble MMO, and have been since I first discovered them, and there are few which I haven't tried.

http://www.muonline.com

Mu is a Diablo-sim game that truly is an MMO, one time download, create an account and play.

http://www.KnightOnline.com

Knight Online is a step above Mu, Medeval in nature and gameplay, Knight Online, right now, is easily one of the best free MMOs out there.

http://wwwKalOnline.com

I've not had the pleasure of playing Kal to a great degree, though I hear it has a nice steady community. Kal yet another variation of a group of clones which all came out about a year ago, starting with a game called Tantra Online www.TantraOnline.com

Most of these games were created in Korea, where the concept of an MMO is slightly skewed in comparison to our own. In Korea, MMOs are very easy to create an popularize, simply because of their nature to want to grind out levels and be better than everyone else. There is no highlighting on Quests, Item crafting or anything else other than getting good gear, getting good levels and simply being better than everyone else. Never the less, these ARE communal games, so if you like partying in your RPG world with people half a globe away, they're certainly for you if your pockets are tight.

For a less legitimate way of aquiring your online play, visit Ragezone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Thanks ethan i was just looking for a free mmo to try before i buy a proper one.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Ethan Ross

While these games are good, any Pay2Play games out there are significantly better. As far as World of Warcraft and Everquest2 are concerned, you simply won't be disappointed with the emerssive and expansive gameplay experience these games provide. But you should check these games out indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

www.anarchyonline.com has extended it's free service till next year too. They do keep sending emails to get you to upgrade your account though which enables you to buy better vehicles and stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

The problem is that Anarchy Online is an old game now and it looks it ... I did have a subscription there 2 or more years ago and it was old then ... I got an email saying i could have 6 months free play so I tried it out again, it was exactly the same .... still crappy IMO ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

Thang is a greet mmrpg! It's quite new but already has proved to be doing well!

• Advertisement
Advertisement