Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hex

• 19-09-2005 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

I didn't see a topic on it, so I must say I really liked it. It had a much less plastic approach than Buffy. The characters were believable, although exagerrated(Which usually works out for the best).

It was really weird, it was more like a horror movie with some drama bits thrown in than something Buffy-like.

I think it looks very promising; I get the feeling the first series must have been a bit of a test run but I'd still like to see it. I'm looking forward to next week's episode, anyone know where I can learn what happened in the last series?

I think I might end up liking this more than Buffy, but I'm not sure yet. It all depends, they really need to broaden the spectrum past some creepy demonic references to hold my interests, hopefully into more general occult rather than just christian type stuff(Which it seems to stick to from what I've read).

I think we need more things like this, the british have a tendancy to outdo american television with more relatable characters and a warmer atmosphere. The whole thing reminds me a bit of the new Doctor Who for some reason, by the looks of the CGI work it could be the same company doing those(not 100% sure).

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Never saw the first series, I get the feeling their trying to get their monies worth with this especially with all the adverts about it almost every adbreak on sky one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Seen most of the 1st series when it was on (actually think they repeated it for a while). I sorta liked it at first, lead character was a bit of a stunner and the lesbian ghost made a change and was a laugh to watch. But have to say I found it badly acted in parts. So I didn't bother watching the rest of the episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

cheap and cheerful. stopped watching it about halfway through. couldn't even be arsed downloading the ones i missed in the end. pretty poor acting in places and thought it went downhill occasionally, and regained very little of the lost ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

'm probably going to miss the rest when I go back to college, shame. Might get my mum to tape them, hope they're worth taping.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

It's watchable with the odd pair of tits thrown in for good measure :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement