Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

me want broadband now!!!

• 19-09-2005 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Ok I live in navan in a small estate of 29 houses I have a neighbour that has eircom broadband and a school just outside the estate that also has broadband. I cannot get broadband :confused: :mad:
    If I go to the Eircom site it tells me my line fails.

If I go here:
    http://dsltrigger.eircom.ie/broadband.jsp
    I get "The phone number is not valid. Please re-enter above or return to eircom.ie" :confused:

I called eircom and she just went to the site and said it failed nothing I can do sorry g'bye

Is there anything I can do that won't involve me buying a satellite :D or spending a lot of money . I want it mostly for playing games and browsing. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Wireless I suppose. Irish Broadband do that ripwave service (but from what I've read on here, IBB is possibly the worst ISP EVER). Digiweb Wireless is what I have and it's okay for me I guess, check them out at their site, also ClearWire may be available to you, Google them, I'm to sleepy to find their URL...

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Pressue them to do a retest. That's what I had to do. When the retest was done, bingo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

If you go the wireless route with Digiweb (IBB are getting very bad press for their service so steer clear), you have the opportunity of switching your phones to VOIP - which means that you can save on line rental and call charges and give €ircon the heavy-ho forever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭tabydub

What u can do is ring 1901 tell them there is a fault on your line but do not mention broadband or the will fob u off. If you have to pretend u cant hear them or make a crackling noise in the mouth piece.

They will then get your line checked and fix any problem on the line.if you close enough to the exchange and the exchange is broadband enabled the only other reason for failing is a crap line.

If they do this and then say the line is fine ring the broadband department get the reps full name and ask then to send the line off for manual testing it take about 3 days but once they do this a pass result should show so ring back and ask for the rep u requested for the test from or there teamleader

unless ur line is really bad and they couldnt fix the fault this should work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I've written this many a time before, so I'll keep it short. Eircom has a thing called the Amber Programme that is neigh on impossible to get them to invoke. If you're within 5 km's of the exchange, they will make your line work with broadband. The fact that your neighbour can get it, means you can get it too, very most likely. The Eircom resellers (like BT) do have access to this programme also so you can hassle them too.

In the meantime, it's possible the problem has to do with wiring or equipment in your house. I would unplug as much as possible, in particular Sky boxes, fax machines, and chordless phones. You can tell when the last was run on Netsource's line checker. It's possible they run once a month at the same day-of-month, but at least you know the last time it ran.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭SirIrish

Thanks for all the help. I'll let ye know how it goes. :D

Advertisement