Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drum Programming & Cubase SX tips.

• 19-09-2005 4:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭

Anyone here got any tips on drum programming with cubase?

I was using Reason for good while on its own, but i got cubase, and was trying out the drum editor and LM7, although it seems more difficult to use than ReDrum (i think anyway, more time consuming)

Just using N.I battery, seems OK, but still, i miss the ease of using ReDrum.
    Yes, i've used reason and cubase at same time, but i was hoping there would be some alternative.

Anyone got any hints or tips to creating good drum loops?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

What kind of drum loops? Just straight 4/4 loops or like amen breaks or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i use reason, a korg electribes er-1 mk2 and an akai s3000xl for my beats

the redrum is far and away the best software option for beats ive ever used

you say you used to use reason and then you got cubase

the solution here is rewire reason to cubase and use the redrum for your beats

problem solved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

What kind of drum loops? Just straight 4/4 loops or like amen breaks or what?

In the style of funk i suppose.
    I got a cd full of breaks from the seventies, and i was slicing these up with ReCycle and importing them into redrum, sounds alot better than drum samples that come with reason.
    you say you used to use reason and then you got cubase

the solution here is rewire reason to cubase and use the redrum for your beats

problem solved

Yeah, i was doing this for a while, but was looking for a VST instrument specifically for drumming.
    N.I Battery is touted as being the best for drums, but i'm still getting the hang of it.
    Others say Halion or Kontakt are easier to use..i just don't know :confused:

i'll probably go back to rewiring reason to cubase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

tbh youre as well

youre gonna be usin the same samples like, just run it through some waves processing tools and she'll sound massive

but remember, layer layer layer

Advertisement