Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Whatever about Lynyrd Skynyrd, my vote's with Black Sabbath.

Although when you consider some of the ****e that has been accepted before these two bands it's clear the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame is a pile of ****e with no interest in Rock at all.

I believe Iron Maiden were elidgable this year, it doesn't surprise me they weren't nominated. I mean, 25 years of continual success, what does that count for, eh? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 whyskygyrl

Doctor J wrote:
    Whatever about Lynyrd Skynyrd, my vote's with Black Sabbath.

Although when you consider some of the ****e that has been accepted before these two bands it's clear the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame is a pile of ****e with no interest in Rock at all.

I believe Iron Maiden were elidgable this year, it doesn't surprise me they weren't nominated. I mean, 25 years of continual success, what does that count for, eh? :rolleyes:
    I agree that Black Sabbath should also be in the Rock HOF. This is their eighth year of being nominated.
    Here is a complete list of all Rock HOF inductees to date:
    Rock & Rock HOF Inductees
    When you take a look at some of the artists that have been inducted and at those that were nominated this year, and also at those that have not been inducted, then you really have to question what exactly the HOF considers as true Rock & Roll...............
    I had wondered about Iron Maiden and after reading your post I double checked. Their first album was released in 1980, so they should have been eligible this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

It's a crime Skynyrd haven't been inducted yet. I saw them in Dublin with Deep Purple a couple of years ago and I have to say they are an absolutely incredible live act even today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Personally i think lynryd skynyrd are an amazing band who definitely deserve to get into the hall of fame. Completely disagree with the idea of them being a lucky "bar band", i mean come on anyone who has listened to their music will know that there is an obvious talent there which far surpasses the quality of a "bar band" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 whyskygyrl

CrimE wrote:
    Completely disagree with the idea of them being a lucky "bar band", i mean come on anyone who has listened to their music will know that there is an obvious talent there which far surpasses the quality of a "bar band" :rolleyes:
    I think Ozzys' response several years ago pretty well sums up the type of HOF member that considers Skynyrd "the luckiest bar band around":
    Six years ago, Ozzy Osbourne attempted to take BLACK SABBATH's name off the Hall of Fame's 1999 nomination list, deeming the institution's nod "meaningless."

In an October 1999 letter to the Hall of Fame, Osbourne said: "Just take our name off the list. Save the ink. Forget about us. The nomination is meaningless, because it's not voted on by the fans. It's voted on by the supposed elite for the industry and the media, who've never bought an album or concert ticket in their lives, so their vote is irrelevant to me." He says, "Let's face it, BLACK SABBATH has never been media darlings. We're a people's band and that suits us just fine."
    Ozzy response to the HOF
    I think the fans are really the true experts of great Rock & Roll. :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement