Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP and wireless network

Options
  • 19-09-2005 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Been trying to get my PSP hooked up to my wireless at home, but it is not finding the network.

Wondering if anyone has managed it sucessfully and what did they have to do to get it hooked up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Theres a sticky in the playstation forum that tells you how to do it, but personally i think the psp is a bit dodgy trying to get onto wireless. Ive tried everything and still cant get it to connect, i can pick up the network, but just keep getting the same error message that it seems alot of users get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

post up the error you guys get. I've had no problems connecting to my dlink AP, literally, just scanned for network and added in my wep key. Having said that, the browser is sh!t slow, so you're not really missing out.

Make sure your SSID isn't in stealth mode on the AP, otherwise your PSP won't find it...

and remember to turn on the wifi switch ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

It was just somethin like'connection error 80534D12' or something like that (not the exact number there just a guess). Tried everything, entered in all my ip, router, dns addresses manually, entered wep key about 3 times, restarted my router, added the psp's mac address to my list of allowed addresses, still nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

no problem here connecting either (my bros that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

ondafly wrote:
    and remember to turn on the wifi switch ;)

NNNNOOOOOOoooooooo.....

Doh :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

mine connects but what can i do with wireless ? i dont wanna upgrade to 2,
    is that what u can use it for , just browser ?

xlink kai ne one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Hobbes wrote:
    NNNNOOOOOOoooooooo.....

Doh :o

You won't be the first, and you certainly won't be the last.

@Placebo
    you can upgrade wirelessly ;) it downloads the update (16meg) to your memory card, for update at a later time.
    you can play games against eachother over wireless, but this doesn't an AP, its a peer 2 peer setup.
    thats about all you can with the wifi on the psp before patch 2.00

xlink kai for psp requires some blackmagic router tricks ;) and knocks out all web access to other machines while you play xlink over it. not really worth it, plus i heard its not 100% lag free.

Advertisement