Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mk iv Golf tech pack cost??

Options
  • 19-09-2005 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, does anyone know how much the tech pack is on a mark iv, I dont have the flicky key etc and therefore no central locking. Am looking at getting an alarm fitted but just wondering about the cost of this as an alternative??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Hey gabgab.

Do you mean get the garage to fit the Tech Pack?
    I think they can only be installed at the factory.

Also from what I remember it was around 6-700 puntsm and the alarm wasn't that good, it had no internal sensors so you could break the windows all ye like and it would not go off.

You should have central locking though, its standard, just use the key.

Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Yeh true but I just handier to have the central locking.... Got a quote for a new alarm, full closure for sunroof windows etc and that for €250!!

Sigma, dunno how good they are to be honest but the guy was very helpful, in a sounds like he knows what he's at rather than spoofing and offered to call around and show me one fitted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Good stuff.

Haven't heard of Sigma much.
    Was going to mention Cartronics in Santry (8623644), they fit the MET alarms.
    Got one installed in the aul fellas car. Not a bother with it.

Can't remember exactly how much it was though, think it was around €300.

Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Cool, I dunno what to do cos in 2 minds to get rid of it cos costing me a fortune but reckon heart be broken in something else after it.....

What do the Met keyfobs look like?

Advertisement