Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Truckers Protest underway

Options
  • 19-09-2005 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Truckers from Monaghan and Louth left for Dublin 6 this morning in order to hit rush hour in dublin to protest over the rising cost in Deisel this year alone and request a reduction in taxs on deisel.

Did anyone meet this lads this morning as their is alot of dublin users here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Didn't see anything on the M1 -> Collins Avenue -> Grace Park Road -> City Centre from 0700 to 0800 this morning anyhow.

Traffic was exactly the same as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Don't know if it was related but traffic was extremely slow heading into town on the quays from about 8.30 to 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

yeah would be, they were coming over the east link at i think 8:30-9.

Just think of this, to cause maximum outcry and chaos and to kill two birds with one stone here. Toll bridge and fuel cost.

Slow moving protest up the m50 from both sides. Get to the toll plaza and block every single lane! That woudl have caused mahem and pretty much the city would have ground to a halt. It would have brought to light the fuel concern, killed the toll bridge and brought to the main stream the debate there and really caused maximum possible damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

"Slow moving protest up the m50 from both sides. Get to the toll plaza and block every single lane! That woudl have caused mahem and pretty much the city would have ground to a halt. It would have brought to light the fuel concern, killed the toll bridge and brought to the main stream the debate there and really caused maximum possible damage."

I allways thought that would be a brilliant idea.
    I'd be on for it.
    TK

• Advertisement

NeMiSiS wrote:
    "Slow moving protest up the m50 from both sides. Get to the toll plaza and block every single lane! That woudl have caused mahem and pretty much the city would have ground to a halt. It would have brought to light the fuel concern, killed the toll bridge and brought to the main stream the debate there and really caused maximum possible damage."

I allways thought that would be a brilliant idea.
    I'd be on for it.
    TK
    Ok them, 2 meeting points.

Liffey valley for north bound protesters and Blancherstown SC for south bound protestors. All meet up say 7am and head off slowly, although I suspect the liffey valley convoy will get there first. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

why do this go slow protest. its just making life more difficult for the rest of us trying to get into work

Thats the whole point! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

You muppet...

Making life hard for the rest of us. It took me ten minutes to get to work yesterday. Sweet!!

You would be the first person to complain about the price of petrol and complain the government do nothing.

I say fair play to the lads yesterday i heard they laid on the horns on the quays and made a fair rackit. Some one has to stand up and be heard, am just glad someone is doing it rather than the attitude of sitting back and taking it.

This country (government) screws us enough as it is, it about time people asked to speak and be heard and started getting results.

You are willing to elect a government and then give out about their polcies. Its about time people followed the lead of the truckers.

Advertisement