Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My BT broadband nightmare... turns out it should never have happened

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

surveys wrote:
    BT's only problem now is that they have an 'enemy' on Boards, and Boards members are 'following the leader'.
    If they are looking for a live demon into which they can personalise years of their ongoing institutional and procedural incompetence then its obviously MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! and I will exorcise their asses for this .

What a bunch of :eek: numpty paranoid nutjobs :eek: , really they are :(
    At least BT is trying very hard to rectify their situation, the others don't give a hoot, and never will. ? :rolleyes:

One at a time Surveys. BT has been a really really hard nut to crack. In fact it was the fact that they lost customers between 2004 and 2005 that convinced them that some of the boardsies were right and they really really were ****e . And so it went for years and years till early this summer.

Most of the others lose orders , **** things up and lie to get you off the phone (the usual Comreg supervised service in other words) but tend to bill accurately. BT did all the above and then mugged your wallet as a sort of final insult.

Nevertheless September is drawing close and I see no reason not to do what I promised way back.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

surveys wrote:
    :D As I have already said elsewhere, I think your description definitely fits eircom, (eircon ?) smart, IBB, Ebay, and an absolute host of others, the only difference is they don't give a hoot, will refuse to accept that there is anything wrong, and have an attitude of "take it or leave it" ? BT's only problem now is that they have an 'enemy' on Boards, and Boards members are 'following the leader'. It would serve most people better if this preoccupation with BT was transferred over to the aforementioned crap institutions. ? At least BT is trying very hard to rectify their situation, the others don't give a hoot, and never will. ? :rolleyes:

You have absolutely no basis whatsoever for the statement above as you are not presumably a customer of any of them nor have any of the above companies or indeed any other found their way with such monotonous regularity onto boards over such a long period with the same complaint and that is a lousy billing department with no regard for customers.

The only difference I see as far as BT is concerned is that they now have a non employee working as a complaints department via boards. That says a lot for the professionalism of a company ok.

It is absolute nonsense to talk of boards members following any leader I would grant boards members a lot more intelligence than that.

What I find extraordinary is that someone who went to great efforts to organise boards members to submit material against BT and who saw that material hijacked to Dublin rather than to London where it was originally sent is now acting not only as an apologist for BT but as complaints conduit and claiming the greatest resurrection possibly since Lazarus.:rolleyes:

Meanwhile Esat still cannot or will not give a receipt for a deposit. Maybe you could ask BT why they cannot do so? Any half decent reputable company would be only too happy to provide one without request and with details of how the deposit could be forefitted and how it will be repaid. I presume they will give all the interest earned on the accumulated deposits to some deserving charity?

Sponge Bob wrote:

One at a time Surveys. BT has been a really really hard nut to crack. In fact it was the fact that they lost customers between 2004 and 2005 that convinced them that some of the boardsies were right and they really really were ****e . And so it went for years and years till early this summer.

Most of the others lose orders , **** things up and lie to get you off the phone (the usual Comreg supervised service in other words) but tend to bill accurately. BT did all the above and then mugged your wallet as a sort of final insult...................

If you look back over the the various threads on boards no company has ever as far as I am aware attracted the consistent level of complaint in respect of billing that BT have in their various guises. And in spite of the consistent 'Eircon' tag I have rarely seen a complaint about their billing - even IBB as bad as their service is rarely gets blamed in this respect. And has any company resorted to the debt collectors (with all the misery and stress that brings to people) as readily as BT?

I think a couple of months is far too short a period to draw conclusions about the 'new' BT. It would be great if they did get their act together - their products are increasingly innovative and competitive and there have rarely been complaints about the actual BT bb service but it would be this time next year at least before I would feel safe in recommending them to anyone whose friendship I wanted to hold onto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭surveys

dub45 wrote:
    You have absolutely no basis whatsoever for the statement above as you are not presumably a customer of any of them nor have any of the above companies or indeed any other found their way with such monotonous regularity onto boards over such a long period with the same complaint and that is a lousy billing department with no regard for customers.

The only difference I see as far as BT is concerned is that they now have a non employee working as a complaints department via boards. That says a lot for the professionalism of a company ok.

It is absolute nonsense to talk of boards members following any leader I would grant boards members a lot more intelligence than that.

What I find extraordinary is that someone who went to great efforts to organise boards members to submit material against BT and who saw that material hijacked to Dublin rather than to London where it was originally sent is now acting not only as an apologist for BT but as complaints conduit and claiming the greatest resurrection possibly since Lazarus.:rolleyes:

Meanwhile Esat still cannot or will not give a receipt for a deposit. Maybe you could ask BT why they cannot do so? Any half decent reputable company would be only too happy to provide one without request and with details of how the deposit could be forefitted and how it will be repaid. I presume they will give all the interest earned on the accumulated deposits to some deserving charity?

No basis ? How many complaints are there on boards about Eircon, Smart, IBB. ?? Actually many more than BT !! The reason for the emphasis on BT is "you know who" having a chip on his shoulder. ! If that chip had been caused by Eircon, IBB, etc, THEY would then be the subject of harrassment, not BT. !
    Im not a customer of theirs but I do read the thousands of complaints about them ! I think if a search were done on Boards, (quite easy) on these companies you would find they have probably had more complaints than BT. ? You know, and I know that the leader IS followed, and his word is taken as gospel by far too many. Nobody is quoting resurrections, or Lazarus, but only quoting genuine effort to rectify what WAS an appalling situation, but which all the others get away with 'because' of the preoccupation with BT, and we all know why. !
    Ask BT why they will not give a receipt for a deposit. ? sure.. Done. Will post their answer on Boards tomorrow. Incidently does that 'deposit', which causes you and one or two others so much stress, not show up on customers accounts. ! Is that not then a certified receipt. ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

My broadbadn was delayed by two due to the fact that i signed up for broadband as it was first released but apart from that i have never had any problems, never lost my connection or anything, i honestly aing know where all the other stories are coming from.

• Advertisement

surveys wrote:
    No basis ? How many complaints are there on boards about Eircon, Smart, IBB. ?? Actually many more than BT !! The reason for the emphasis on BT is "you know who" having a chip on his shoulder. ! If that chip had been caused by Eircon, IBB, etc, THEY would then be the subject of harrassment, not BT. !
    Im not a customer of theirs but I do read the thousands of complaints about them ! I think if a search were done on Boards, (quite easy) on these companies you would find they have probably had more complaints than BT. ? You know, and I know that the leader IS followed, and his word is taken as gospel by far too many. Nobody is quoting resurrections, or Lazarus, but only quoting genuine effort to rectify what WAS an appalling situation, but which all the others get away with 'because' of the preoccupation with BT, and we all know why. !
    Ask BT why they will not give a receipt for a deposit. ? sure.. Done. Will post their answer on Boards tomorrow. Incidently does that 'deposit', which causes you and one or two others so much stress, not show up on customers accounts. ! Is that not then a certified receipt. ? :rolleyes:

It is not that it causes me stress but anyone with a modicum of interest in good business practise would know that a receipt should be given for a deposit together with the conditions attaching to that deposit. BT should know this - the fact that I and one or two other stressed individuals have to draw attention continually to their shoddy business practises is a reflection on BT and not the messengers.

And you continually ignore the fact that the complaints about BT are about billing and taking money from people accounts that they do not owe! You will see in one recent post where BT have reputedly stated that they have a policy of no refunds - yes we take your money and you get it back when we decide. Thats a reputable company ok!!!:rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054976604

And will you please cop yourself on? Calling well deserved complaints about a company 'harassment'???? BT were getting complaints on boards for years and it did not bother them too much - now real 'harassment' is when debt collectors are set on people............or when people have to spend hours on the phone trying to get their money back.

The preoccupation with BT has been earned by BT's lousy behaviour and their unwillingness to do anything to fix it over a very long pereiod it is as simple as that.

I suppose all the people here - http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=17811

were stressed individuals with a mysterious embittered leader? You even figure there yourself in your previous identity before your 'road to Damascus' like conversion!

dub45 wrote:
    BT were getting complaints on boards for years and it did not bother them too much - now real 'harassment' is when debt collectors are set on people............or when people have to spend hours on the phone trying to get their money back.

All so so so true.

The good news here is that BT seem to have realised in the past year that their debt collection policies were counterproductive ....if not downright fraudulent in many instances..... and have stopped sending this incorrect data to Intrum .

I am not questioning BTs right to collect debts
    but that many of the debts they chased in the recent past were anomalies caused by their awful billing and not ACTUALLY debts at all.

Again, like many of the classic recurring BT horror stories, I have not heard of them hounding people in this way for a while.

Sponge Bob wrote:
    All so so so true.

The good news here is that BT seem to have realised in the past year that their debt collection policies were counterproductive ....if not downright fraudulent in many instances..... and have stopped sending this incorrect data to Intrum .

I am not questioning BTs right to collect debts
    but that many of the debts they chased in the recent past were anomalies caused by their awful billing and not ACTUALLY debts at all.

Again, like many of the classic recurring BT horror stories, I have not heard of them hounding people in this way for a while.

No one would question a Company's right to pursue debts - however how many were put (and still are being put?) into awful positions by BT's constant non billing for months on end? A direct debit is in place and for some strange unexplained reason BT stop debitting. Have the 'new'' BT examined their customers' accounts recently to ensure that all customers are being regularly billed? Have any of the 'affected' customers being contacted with a view to resolving any outstanding payments in a mutually acceptable way?

Have BT given anyone an explanation as to why they allowed a dysfunctional billing department to continue for years without doing anything about it?

dub45 wrote:
    Have BT given anyone an explanation as to why they allowed a dysfunctional billing department to continue for years without doing anything about it?

Lord God you don't expect them to admit that .....but we all know anyway do we not .

The final nail in the denial strategy was this particular Board banging away at them after they thought they may have survived that "Staggeringly Poor" verdict by the Consumers association in February.

I do not expect an explanation from BT but I want a fix and I want a concerted effort to ensure that this fiasco of a CS and Billing will not be allowed to happen again.

I am minded to believe the fix is now in place and that BT are sort of listening but I was very very very disheartened at the paranoid siege mentality mindset they displayed to Surveys about this Board and would now expect to see an admission of some sort directly from BT that

WE were right all along and
    THEY were wrong.

How about they bring Dub45 out for an expensive dinner and a lash of pints and schmooze him on our behalf ....but don't post that evening after you come home mate. Report when you are compos !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭surveys

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Lord God you don't expect them to admit that .....but we all know anyway do we not .

The final nail in the denial strategy was this particular Board banging away at them after they thought they may have survived that "Staggeringly Poor" verdict by the Consumers association in February.

I do not expect an explanation from BT but I want a fix and I want a concerted effort to ensure that this fiasco of a CS and Billing will not be allowed to happen again.

I am minded to believe the fix is now in place and that BT are sort of listening but I was very very very disheartened at the paranoid siege mentality mindset they displayed to Surveys about this Board and would now expect to see an admission of some sort directly from BT that

THEY were wrong.

How about they bring Dub45 out for an expensive dinner and a lash of pints and schmooze him on our behalf ....but don't post that evening after you come home mate. Report when you are compos !

To conclude all this discussion, once again, I would just say this:
    BT have been bashed by Boards, and no doubt Comreg, Cons/Assoc, and many others, and have actually 'accepted' their mistakes and are trying to do something about it. No more should or can be asked of them, and therefore members should let up now and stop 'bashing' them and instead transfer all their energy to those companies who still deliver diabolical service and do nothing about it, like those I have mentioned previously, and others.
    For instance, I started a new thread on the Ebay VAT fiasco, but it has had few visitors and very little comment, YET Ebay are ripping off millions, not a few thousands, but millions within the EU. ! 'These' are the things that now need everybody's attention. BT have been brought to heel, so lets be content with that, and lets now move on and start taking all these others to task, especially Ebay. ? I will watch BT, and am watching daily, and passing on complaints for action on behalf of members, so if things do not continue to improve I will be aware at first hand and will post the facts on Boards. I would even suggest that all these threads obsessed with BT be concluded and closed, and new threads opened up and energies spent on 'bashing' and bringing to light all the horrible customer stories from these other organisations. ? If we were to achieve the same success with these 'others' as we have achieved with BT, well that really would be a fantastic achievement and something to shout from the rooftops. ! :)

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote:

THEY were wrong.

Sadly judging by his most recent posts in this thread that paranoid siege mentality is virulently contageous:rolleyes:

Its not really about being right or wrong it is about any commercial company which offers a service having in place a reliable and trustworthy billing system. Esat in their various incarnations over the years did not have that and whats more galling did absolutely nothing to correct that situation and as a result inflicted misery on many people over a long period. In a properly regulated enviroment they should have been ordered to suspend operations until a trustworthy system was in place.

BT's failure in this regard means that they have not been recommendable and that affects us all as it lessens competition in the bb area. Their bb is good and their products are innovative but if you cannot recommend them what use is that? Look how Smart shook up the market witha bit of vision and even though people will complain about how that they cannnot actually get Smart virtually everyone has benefitted from Smart through their innovative approach.

A trustworthy and innovative BT would bring benefits to all actual and potential bb users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 GregusManus

I must say it is dissapointing to find that BT are still not sending a receipt for the deposit, nor any indication of when they will get it back.

I must say that when I signed up for BT last year, the lack of acknowledgement of the €125 deposit was my first instance of irritation with BT.

I was sure that deposit was for 6 months only !

And Dub45 is correct as always. Feed that man :p

I must say it is dissapointing to find that BT are still not sending a receipt for the deposit, nor any indication of when they will get it back.

I must say that when I signed up for BT last year, the lack of acknowledgement of the €125 deposit was my first instance of irritation with BT.

What I find absolutely incredible is that when somebody inside BTcame up with the idea of a depost originally that it was not foreseen by anyone that a system would need to put in place firstly to make sure customers knew that a deposit was required and secondly to ensure that a receipt would be issued. Presumably such sums of money needs accounting procedures to be put in place etc etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭SoldierForce

BT does not provide a receipt fro the deposit unless we ask for it! Sky does the same. Mostly new customers are using online billing and not paper statements! The 125 euros thing comes clearly on the bill if paid by DD. BT doesn't have to read the terms and conditions for us but we have to read before hand! Its clear that the minimum term for Broadband is 6 months and after this we can ASK for a refund or credit to our statements. BT has no problems in sending a letter stating the receipt for 125 euros but actually most people have a problem in ASKING them for it! It's not that BT has robbed you of 125 euros! Why exactly are people with BT if they are SO bad? Why not just move over to eircom, etc? BT has a cheaper rate for the SAME service eircom is offering and to keep costs down they have introduced Online billing! They have no problem if once in a while we ask for a receipt so all it required is an email and you'll receive the receipt in the post! So simple, yet so STRESSFUL! btw what do you mean conditions for the deposit!? This ain't one third world country that you need a teacher to tell u everything! What does it say in the letter that BT sends out asking for the deposit!? They also give you a number to call if you want any questions answered! Which fool will pay first and ask questions later!? People are worried that immigrants are coming and disrupting our INTELLIGENT way of life!? :rolleyes:

What does it say in the letter that BT sends out asking for the deposit!?

WHAT letter, many deposits are paid after people ring up BT after ages and ages waiting and wondering (what with a 10 day cooling off period they do not tell their customers about) wondering where their bloody BB has gone.

Then they are told and they give verbal DD authorisation.

Their dopey online thing should kick out an automatic email when you sign up telling you about this precondition for a renter. THEN you could authorise the DD to take it, on day one, and have a pre-receipt in teh form of an email .

Altogether molto stupido but quite fixable :p

BT does not provide a receipt fro the deposit unless we ask for it! Sky does the same. Mostly new customers are using online billing and not paper statements! The 125 euros thing comes clearly on the bill if paid by DD. BT doesn't have to read the terms and conditions for us but we have to read before hand! Its clear that the minimum term for Broadband is 6 months and after this we can ASK for a refund or credit to our statements. BT has no problems in sending a letter stating the receipt for 125 euros but actually most people have a problem in ASKING them for it! It's not that BT has robbed you of 125 euros! Why exactly are people with BT if they are SO bad? Why not just move over to eircom, etc? BT has a cheaper rate for the SAME service eircom is offering and to keep costs down they have introduced Online billing! They have no problem if once in a while we ask for a receipt so all it required is an email and you'll receive the receipt in the post! So simple, yet so STRESSFUL! btw what do you mean conditions for the deposit!? This ain't one third world country that you need a teacher to tell u everything! What does it say in the letter that BT sends out asking for the deposit!? They also give you a number to call if you want any questions answered! Which fool will pay first and ask questions later!? People are worried that immigrants are coming and disrupting our INTELLIGENT way of life!? :rolleyes:

1. the reason for the deposit.

2. in what circumstances it will be forefitted.

3. How and when it will be returned.

Not too much to ask for at all - and it should not be necessary to ask any business for a receipt. It is their decision to request a deposit so it is up to them to provide the necessary administrative structure to go with it. Dont forget they are getting a nice interest free loan via their deposits.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭SoldierForce

Ok just one question ' Have you been a former BT customer who may be in their bad books now!?'
    I am a new customer who transferred from eircom and never had any problem so I'm only speaking from my experience! I didn't know that BT treats customers differently! I transferred a line for a friend as well soon after I had mine set up and got the same service etc...

Starts like this...
    On 7th July I apply online for a transfer...
    A week after I receive a letter for the 125 euros deposit... with a freepost envelope as an option fro a cheque or call for DD.
    On the 20th July I receive a letter 'Thank you for your depoist of €125 for your BT services which is currently being processed.' and an update to what progress they have made regarding the transfer!
    On 25th July another letter stating my Live targer date for broadband is 3rd August and also stating that Broadbadn is 6 Months contract.
    Called BT on 3rd August and was informed that my broadband is active but they will have to set up a password for me.
    Called again on 4th August and was told that another 24Hrs for broadband, that is when I emailed complaints and they replied and also enabled broadband in 2 hrs.
    So on 4th August my Broadband is set up, The line was set up on 28th July the date till when eircom was paid for it!
    On 7th August I get another letter informing that all has been set up and detailing the contract, package options, etc
    On 8th July received an email 'Sorry for the inconvenience between 28thJuly -4th August' for being without broadband. A credit was added to my statement for this inconvenience...

So far that was my last contact with BT, The bill is out and paid by DD and no errors on it! No Connection charge problem, No modem charge problem, Instead an extra credit for no broadband for a week!

It's now up to you to decide why I am not against BT a bit! :D

All very orderly and so unlike BT of yore (and yore and yore) , now if they could just keep this up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

surveys wrote:
    I think if a search were done on Boards, (quite easy) on these companies you would find they have probably had more complaints than BT. ?

I can't see how that could be true. When I had my problem with BT billing and first read boards and other web sites I was astounded by the numbers of complaints against BT's horrendous billing. If you remember a boards member called Edanto ran a poll and a large proportion or respondents cited being unhappy with BT. This was around last April. Personally I've never had to deal with a company like BT before, and hope I don't have to again. There is no doubt there are very happy BT customes as well, and the BB service was always fine technically. I find it a little bit sad that it took so many years and outside pressure to even get an acknowledgement that something was wrong. If they have tightened up procedures (did they introduce new billing software or retrain staff?) then thats great well done Surveys and others, but lets give it 6 months to a year to see if things have really changed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 GregusManus

@SoldierForce: your experience with the deposit was much better than mine, but mine was last year, yours is recent, so that shows BT have improved in regards to the deposit. Lets hope other people who sign up get the same.

The jury is still out on the billing issues only time will tell, i think mine are almost back in order now, once they are it should be plain sailing.....my only conern is that if i ring cusomer care again, that is when it all goes pear shaped (or at least in the past).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 the gobbler

same for me, i applied last year and was a joke. Just over 1 year to date when i signed up to BT which was a huge mistake. I got some of my deposit back eventually at the start of the year,,,one cock up after another with them.
    They still have not cancelled my account. I am still being billed, but no money has been taken out. According to them i owe 300euros, as they have been billing me since november 2005, even though i got them cut off in nov 2005. Unreal.
    SoldierForce hope u dont have the same problem as me when u leave BT, i am gonna let the bill run up as high as possible and then when they send me a letter i will bring to court for harassment......hehehe. If only i could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aedr2000

Hi All.
    I thought I should share my great BT experience with you all. lol. :p
    Before I "ordered" my BT Broadband (2MB) & Talk Package (which includes the line rental for Euro 40pm), I was already aware of the different problems reported on this web-site and on www.btirelandsucks.com

Anyway, last week (Thursday 17.August.06) I placed an on-line order on btireland.ie and received and automated email thanking me for my order and that someone will be in touch shortly as my "order has encountered a processing issue".

On Friday 18.August.06 at 10:48 am a BT customer care rep (tel. 01-43288xx) called to appoligize that there was a problem with my on-line order and to confirm my Bank-details, etc.
    On the same day I sent the Broadband Transfer Authorisation Form to the BT Head Office in Dublin 2.

Yesterday, Wed. 23.August.06, I sent an email to customer.care@btireland.ie, requesting a status update.

Today, Thursday 24.August.06, I receive an email from customer care informing me that they "cannot locate any order currently in progress under these details. I would suggest to contact our Sales department on 1800-923-923 to query this."

.... WTF ... ??? ...

Anyway, I call 1800-923-923, the guy was so not helpful, I thought I was talking to someone at Eircom, lol.

Called 1904, Customer Care, gave the girl all my contact details, etc. still, she was unable to find my order!?!?

Anyway, well, lets place another on-line other and guess what ... the BT Ireland web-site now tells me " The phone number you selected appears to already be registered to one of our customers" .... THATS ME YA ;£$%& ...
    lol. :confused:

Anyway, tomorrow I will write to the BT Headoffice and CC ComReg., requesting to get details what information they have saved and to get an explanation on who has had access to my bank-details, etc. within BT.

I will also withdraw permission for BT to take over my line (just in case, lol)

I am with Eircom for years and I tell ya, I rather pay more and stay with Eircom than move my line to BT Ireland.

Sadly for the people concerned the vanishing of orders into a mysterious black hole somewhere in BT is not by any means a rare phenomenon and has been regularly reported on here.:rolleyes:

surveys wrote:
    Ask BT why they will not give a receipt for a deposit. ? sure.. Done. Will post their answer on Boards tomorrow. ................

They are obviously finding it hard to come up with reasons????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

got a hefty bill yesterday from bt warning me i will loose my broadband service if the bill was not paid within 7 days , the funny thing is that i never had broadband with bt , i tried to get broadband off them for 5 months , they told me i was with them for broadband but when eircom kept billing me for broadband i discovered it was only a dream the transfer never went through , bt STILL SUCK !

escalate these immediately to complaints@btireland.ie and tell us how quick they are to 'fix' the various problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

aedr2000 wrote:
    Anyway, well, lets place another on-line other and guess what ... the BT Ireland web-site now tells me " The phone number you selected appears to already be registered to one of our customers" .... THATS ME YA ;£$%& ...

lol the BT system has partial amnesia, the rest of the order obviously walked out of the building stuck to the bottom of someone's shoe. If the shoes owner doesn't notice it may well re-enter the building tomorrow, get processed again resulting in an overcharge for you :D

Sapele wrote:
    it may well re-enter the building tomorrow

'Traditionally' thats exactly what happened .

'Traditionally' there was no complaints department either or if there was they were all out on a long term sick cert for necrotising bewiltherment :D

Now they seem to have an escalation system so the real test is to email them and see how long it takes to crack the problems.

Its not whether **** happens its whether there is any way to stop it happening again and again to the customer that I am looking for. Thats where BT seem to have made strides .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aedr2000

hey all.

thank god, I am "back with Eircom".
    (I never thought that I would say this. lol.)

I wrote an email to the BT complaints department (stating that I have involved ComReg and the BT Solicitor, which I did) and got the following reply from the BT Consumer Complaints Manager:

Dear Mr xxx,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that this issue has caused you.

As requested, I have ensured that your order for BT "Talk & Line Rental & Broadband Option 2" will not be processed.

If there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards
    Michelle
    I am still awaiting details under Section 4 of the Data Protection Act.

I am done with BT. lol. :rolleyes:

Advertisement