Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Live! with 3G Christmas Lineup

• 19-09-2005 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Europe : Vodafone announced an extensive range of phones to bring 3G services to the mass market. The range of phones will be marketed in the run up to
    Christmas and will be the best yet, offering smaller and lighter phones, longer battery life, cutting edge design and new, faster services which will be
    available at even better value prices.

The highlights are:

15 Vodafone live! with 3G handsets

10 Vodafone exclusive handsets

Wide range of Vodafone live! with 3G phones from premium to entry level prices

10 of the 15 Vodafone live! with 3G phones will be Vodafone exclusives, with the total range offering a broad choice for customers from premium to entry
    level 3G phones based on European and Japanese designs. Six of the Vodafone exclusives will be targeted at entry level pricing to encourage the mass market
    adoption of Vodafone live! with 3G.

All of Vodafone’s new 3G phones will offer enhanced and new mobile services through Vodafone live! with 3G, with more than 500,000 full track music downloads
    available to customers, as well as an increasing range of mobile TV services and content. Further details regarding services and pricing will be released
    later in the year.

Peter Bamford, Chief Marketing Officer, Vodafone, said:

"Vodafone will be offering a broader range of phones at better value prices this Christmas. With our new global range we have a phone for everyone, whether
    you want the latest in mobile entertainment or you want a great value, stylish Vodafone live! with 3G mobile.

"A significant proportion of the range is targeted at mid to entry level price points, encouraging the mass market adoption of Vodafone live! with 3G. We
    are confident that this is going to be a 3G Christmas."

Vodafone Exclusive Handsets

At the top end of the range are four exclusive premium handsets:

Sharp 903, Europe's first 3.2 mega-pixel camera phone with a 2.4 inch screen enabling great mobile TV and 3D gaming

Toshiba 803, Vodafone’s first music dedicated mobile with remote control and optimised user interface

Toshiba 903, a Japanese exclusive device offering network assisted GPS functionality

Limited edition Sharp 902 Ferrari with exclusive Ferrari content

Vodafone will also be marketing six entry level Vodafone live! with 3G handsets during the Christmas period:

Motorola E770v

Samsung SGH-ZV10

Samsung SGH-ZV30

Sharp 703

Sharp 703SH (Japan only)

Sony Ericsson V600i

Non-Exclusive Handsets

Motorola RAZR V3x

Nokia N70

Nokia 6280

Samsung SGH-Z500V

Samsung SGH-Z140V

Wonder how many of these will make it to Ireland? Personally I'm waiting on the N70, no intention of going with Vodafone though...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

CAnt wait for the Sharp 903 in red! im on meteor now but if that comes out on vodafone by next summer ill be tradin in my 6230i... lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

i wreckon we will be lucky if we see half of them phones from that lineup mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I wonder if the nokia n91 will be released anytime around xmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 The Sisco Kid

i reckon we will be lucky if we see half of them phones from that lineup mate

Vodafone NL to introduce eight UMTS handsets
    In line with the recent announcement of Vodafone Group to introduce a range of new UMTS/3G phones, Vodafone Netherlands is to introduce eight UMTS handsets before the Christmas season. One of the handsets is the Sharp 903 which features an integrated digital camera with a resolution of 3.2 mega-pixels, auto focus and optical zoom. It will be the first three mega-pixel device in the Dutch market. The other handsets are Samsung ZV30, Motorola V3X, Sony Ericsson Sakura, Nokia N70, Motorola E770V, Sony Ericsson V600i, and the Samsung Argo G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

I wonder if the nokia n91 will be released anytime around xmas?

Yeh, same here, thats the one I've been keeping my upgrade for. The N70 is a load of crap. Typical Vodafone, leave Ireland 6 months behind the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Do Vodafone IRL (or any other Irish network) currently sell any Samsung phones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Yeah Vodafone has a 3G Samsung handset. Can't remember the model number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

You would want to wait and see what other handsets that 3 will be releasing. I know they are going to release many more, esp up to the christmas runup, which is when they are due to launch there ThreePay service.

Vodafone is notorious for crippling there handsets, at least with the nokia handsets you can flash them to remove the branding and reactivate the previously disabled features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

They certainly do cripple the odd handset but they are hardly renound for it.. The only phones that I can think they have changed significantly are the Sharp handsets.. The 6630 was changed a little too but thats it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

According to Reuter's report, the Nokia N91 is delayed and expected to become commercially available worldwide by Q1 2006. The Finnish mobile firm had originally planned to get the N91 onto the market during the last quarter of this year, in time for the Christmas and end-of-year holiday seasons.

Sure it'll look old by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

They certainly do cripple the odd handset but they are hardly renound for it.. The only phones that I can think they have changed significantly are the Sharp handsets.. The 6630 was changed a little too but thats it..

nah they are renownd for it... you left out the sony ericssons and the motorolas, so pretty much them all... :)

sharp's are a bit of a differnet kettle of fish as they 'pure' (oxymoron? ;)) Vodafone live handsets in that you couldn't get them from other operators / sim-free

Advertisement