Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BESS Books

• 19-09-2005 11:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

I have some 1st year books I want to get rid of. All excellent condition:

A Sociology of Ireland 2nd ed -€10
    Economics, Begg, 7th ed -€15
    Giddens Sociology 4th ed -€10
    Basic Statistics for Bus & Econ 4th ed -€10
    Math for Economics & Business, Ian Jacques, 4th ed -€15

First come, first served

-Stephen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

Just out of interest what kind of maths do they teach you lot down in BESS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

The math is fairly easy, alot of it would be extenions of the lc, its just the way they explain it makes it a bit difficult

I think theres a link to term tests on their

http://www.tcd.ie/Economics/staff/thijssej/SF_Math/maths.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Not to be mean, but to any first year BESS students,
    DO NOT BUY THE SOCIOLOGY BOOKS

Besides the fact there are countless copies of them in the library, it is incredibly, and i mean incredibly unlikely you will continue with this subject unless you are doing BESS because of it.
    The books are an utter waste of money, and there is really no need whatsoever for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Not doing BESS, but have a general interest in these things... take the lot for €50? Though if any people from BESS need them, go right ahead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Diet_Coke

Bob, getting stuck into the books a bit early aren't ya?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I'll give you €10 for the Maths book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

PHB wrote:
    Not to be mean, but to any first year BESS students,
    DO NOT BUY THE SOCIOLOGY BOOKS

Besides the fact there are countless copies of them in the library, it is incredibly, and i mean incredibly unlikely you will continue with this subject unless you are doing BESS because of it.
    The books are an utter waste of money, and there is really no need whatsoever for them.

Tell me about it!! 60 lids for the 2 books and they weren't even looked at past Christmas. However, that doesn't mean that somebody shouldn't buy my particular copies......please!!! I'd like a bit more than the 30% which the SU bookshop would give me. So form an orderly queue. Anybody......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

im doing BESS and i'll give you 50 for the books and the extra 10 if theyre in real good nick

out of interets how much would i pay for this lot in the student union bookshop? or any other cheap place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Well seens as you're actually doing BESS I have no problems with letting honeymonster sell them to you rather than me. He PM'ed me to arrange a time or whatever but I'll let him know you'll offer the €50/€60 and sure ye can arrange something yerselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Economics, Begg, 7th ed -€15

Dont even remind me about that evil book. As somebody mentioned youll probably drop sociology/pol sci after first year and the books are barely used. But at the prices honeymonster is giving them at there well worth buying because youll need them from time to time for the odd essay and the library copies cxan become pretty scarce. Just dont, as I did, spend the 60 odd quid each on the sociology and political science book because its an incredible waste of money.(unless of course sociology/pol sci is the reason your there)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Hey,

I'm in BESS too, though admittedly going into Senior Freshman.

But I could still use the maths book if it's going.

But if a poor little JF needs it I understand.

Advertisement