Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your accuracy?

Options
  • 19-09-2005 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I use the sniper kit mostly, sometimes the medic class, the very odd time Anti-tank.

What are acceptable accuracy rates for someone who considers themselves decent at the game?

My sniper accuracy is 54% or thereabouts, is this good, decent, or just plain bad?

My assault rifle accuracy is something about 22%.....is this pathetic? I think it is, but then again, shooting at semi long distances, 1 in 5 shots to hit is decent in some instances.....for me anyway.

So anyway, what's everyones elses accuracy? And for the record, whats everyone's favourite class/weapon?

I always choose sniper.....hate the US standard rifle though, the Mec and chinese ones are far better at the basic level.

btw - how do you unlock new weapons? I've no bf2 manual so haven't a clue...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

You have to earn a certain amount of points to unlock a new weapon, check your personal details when you load up Bf2 again and it should tell you how far you are to the next rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

my favourite gun is the unlocked medic gun, love it :-)

& i have a 65% accuracy with the defibrilator :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you really should be able to use the defibrulator in the water to take out a load of enemies. would be funny watching them all dance in the water.

zzzzzt. :D

special forces mostly for me, or sniper.

not sure of my accuracy, not at home yet. I'm sure there's some fancy web based way of checking your stats, but I'm not that bright. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

vibe666 wrote:
    you really should be able to use the defibrulator in the water to take out a load of enemies. would be funny watching them all dance in the water.

zzzzzt. :D

special forces mostly for me, or sniper.

not sure of my accuracy, not at home yet. I'm sure there's some fancy web based way of checking your stats, but I'm not that bright. ;)

www.got3n.com stick in your Gamespy ID and away ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Usually support or engineer. Sometimes medic, depending on the map. (MEC side on strike at karkand is a great medic map, you can rack up some seriously high scores)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Spear wrote:
    www.got3n.com stick in your Gamespy ID and away ya go.
    oooh, that's not good. i really need to spend some more time playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Avg 42 with sniper 25 with all the others.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Anti Tank 51%
    Assault Rifle 24%
    Carbine 29%
    Defibrillator 55%
    Explosives 45%
    Grenade Launcher 55%
    Hand Grenade 34%
    Knife 17%
    Light Machine Gun 23%
    Pistol 30%
    Shotgun 27%
    Sniper Rifle 51%
    Submachinegun 15%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Locutus

How do you manage 17% accuracy with a knife? run around air jabbing a lot? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Locutus wrote:
    How do you manage 17% accuracy with a knife? run around air jabbing a lot? :D

Idd , messing with the clan mates and generally acting the fool . But look at the support gun , lately I have been playing alot of that , scored 63 in a round today with only 2 kills , rest was resupply points cause in fairness the team around me knew how to use it . But that gun , when you lay down covering fire , well that counts as inaccuracy aswell . Not overly worried about it though , more into the game as a whole really .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Assault Rifles 199 216 24% 6h 32m 57s
    Grenade Launcher 39 66 42% 1h 25m 19s
    Carbines 1032 1312 24% 46h 23m 58s
    Light Machine Guns 39 52 17% 1h 49m 06s
    Sniper Rifles 142 113 37% 5h 33m 59s
    Pistols 143 204 24% 3h 55m 26s
    AT/AA 265 322 52% 6h 36m 57s
    Submachine Guns 135 236 15% 5h 28m 52s
    Shotguns 69 134 12% 4h 07m 01s
    Knife 40 32 14% 0h 37m 26s
    Defibrillator 1 18 66% 0h 14m 26s
    Explosives 431 308 36% 6h 11m 10s
    Hand Grenade 130 70 37% 1h 06m 31s

http://www.got3n.com/player.php?pid=jaggeh.ie

i tend not to care about accuracy with anything other than sniper rifle, suppressing fire is almost as useful as accurate fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Assault Rifles 105 124 17% 2h 35m 32s
    Grenade Launcher 76 95 56% 1h 46m 45s
    Carbines 12 31% 0h 04m 40s
    Light Machine Guns 2 8 33% 0h 08m 06s
    Sniper Rifles 2 0 38% 0h 05m 10s
    Pistols 2 8 22% 0h 02m 21s
    AT/AA 75 142 45% 3h 07m 28s
    Submachine Guns 29 70 15% 1h 39m 13s
    Shotguns 0 3 11% 0h 07m 03s
    Knife 0 2 0% 0h 00m 43s
    Defibrillator 0 0 0% 0h 00m 00s
    Explosives 3 2 18% 0h 01m 23s
    Hand Grenade 0 3 25% 0h 01m 40s
    hmm... AA is fooking up my AT accuracy. god damn flares.

mainly play as anti-tank or assault. ye's never have guessed looking at those times :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Im best with a sniper(american sniper),right now im learning to only ever take head shots so they dont know what has hit them and where so they will never be able to find me.But it can be hard at time calculating distances when they are running somewhere or running becuase it will reveal ur location and they know where to hide and shoot which means ive to take the risk of displacing,but when u hit em with a head shot when they are running its like the ultimate frag!!!

Anybody think that the sniper should have a better hand gun for close range combat when the sniper cannot be used? It would ake alot of sense....

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

btw - how do you unlock new weapons? I've no bf2 manual so haven't a clue...

You can unlock them manually. Go to the python folder, then unlocks. Open it with notepad, scroll down a tiny bit and you`ll see a line like this:
    ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,)
    Simply change the Zeros to Ones
    ( 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1,)

This will unlock all weapons. Only use this in offline mode.

WARNING :::: Do not play online with the weapons unlocked in this manner, if you do you risk having your cd-key banned by EA games for 1 week. :::: WARNING

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭sgtdiesalot

Ruffty^ wrote:
    You can unlock them manually. Go to the python folder, then unlocks. Open it with notepad, scroll down a tiny bit and you`ll see a line like this:
    ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,)
    ( 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1,)

WARNING :::: Do not play online with the weapons unlocked in this manner, if you do you risk having your cd-key banned by EA games for 1 week. :::: WARNING

is there any other way to unlock for ranked online servers then by rank upgrade :confused:

yeah, just keep playing decently till you get upgraded to Lance Corporal, then you get your choice of an upgrade, & for every promotion after that you get another upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

is there any other way to unlock for ranked online servers then by rank upgrade :confused:

Nope, just like Madrab said, you have to get promoted and all that.
    Do it my way offline just to have a gander at all the weapons, and check which are worth upgrading first.

there are a few unranked servers with weapons unlocked, cant remember what ones they are though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Originally Posted by Ruffty^
    ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,)
    ( 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1,)

Only works in single player and on an unpatched installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

no, and lets hope there never is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm getting close to Lance Corporal, first upgrade definately going to be the Sniper kit, hope its worth it....

The only classes I ever play are Medic and Sniper, the others I play so infrequently they are not worth mentioning.

i got the medic upgrade as my first weapon, love that gun & it has a nice scope

Advertisement