Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninja Gaiden Black

Options
  • 19-09-2005 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Review on 1up
    100%

I havent played this one yet but if you took the 1st one and somehow made it better, it would have to be the same score as 1up gave it. The original is simply awesome possibly the only reason i have to get an Xbox, now i have 2 reasons.

Anyone preordered it?

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Ninja Gaiden KICKED ASS!!!! I only hope human beheadings are in the european version this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

there's talk of ninja gaiden coming to ps3, which is ironic given the whole "playstation doesn't deserve ninja gaiden" crap the devs came up with

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Isn't it just Ninja Gaiden with the online content added and an easy mode for moaners who complained the first one was too hard. It definitely wasn't too hard. Just like DMC 3 if you just learned the magic combo of evade and counterattack the game was remarkably simple.

Edit: I see 1up wasn't too fond of DMC 3. Thought it was a better game than Ninja Gaiden and a little bit harder. It doesn't deserve the stick they give it. As for going back to the first level to get more items, Well they must really suck because I didn't have to do that once. In fact getting items to win the game through attrition rather than playing the bosses properly would ruin the game. Fecking wussies.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Isn't it just Ninja Gaiden with the online content added and an easy mode for moaners who complained the first one was too hard. It definitely wasn't too hard. Just like DMC 3 if you just learned the magic combo of evade and counterattack the game was remarkably simple.

Edit: I see 1up wasn't too fond of DMC 3. Thought it was a better game than Ninja Gaiden and a little bit harder. It doesn't deserve the stick they give it. As for going back to the first level to get more items, Well they must really suck because I didn't have to do that once. In fact getting items to win the game through attrition rather than playing the bosses properly would ruin the game. Fecking wussies.
    I agree, what's the point of playing an easy game? sure you can win, but you can win anything if you put your mind to it and you get more satisfaction from winning a harder game

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I hate easy games too but hard ones that frustrate me beyond the point of having fun are just hateful. The whole Die, Repeat, Die, Repeat, Die, Repeat, Die, Crack Up, Throw Controller Through Expensive TV, Walk Out, Murder Someone, Do Time thing just doesn't appeal - A Happy medium is always nice. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well ninja Gaiden and DMC3 are so well designed that it really shouldn't be happening unless you don't take the time to understand the game. Had to repeat some of the early levels once or twice at the start of the game but once I learned what was expected I was beating bosses on my first or second go. Anyway the evils of the quicksave and the concessions it gives developers for lazy design have corrupted your view of challenge.

Ninja Gaiden wasn't too hard. You were just a ****e gamer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Well ninja Gaiden and DMC3 are so well designed that it really shouldn't be happening unless you don't take the time to understand the game. Had to repeat some of the early levels once or twice at the start of the game but once I learned what was expected I was beating bosses on my first or second go. Anyway the evils of the quicksave and the concessions it gives developers for lazy design have corrupted your view of challenge.

what, so your hard core because you dont think Ninja gaiden and DMC3 are hard?, I think the point is to the average gamer both those games are considered very hard, nothing wrong with that.

i agree with the quicksave point however

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

no these games werent designed for the average gamer tbh.

thats what fifa and need for speed are for.

Is there anything worthwhile here to make me wanna purchase it?

Gizzard wrote:
    what, so your hard core because you dont think Ninja gaiden and DMC3 are hard?, I think the point is to the average gamer both those games are considered very hard, nothing wrong with that.

I'm not trying to make myself out to be hardcore. I just think that gamers these days are calling games hard when they really don't deserve to be. I've beaten Megaman 2 and 1 credited Ghouls n' Ghosts when I was only about 12 or probably younger and they are much harder games than Ninja Gaiden. I wasn't a 'pwnerer' at games then and I'm still not.
    Is there anything worthwhile here to make me wanna purchase it?

It's Ninja Gaiden :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Gizzard wrote:

i agree with the quicksave point however

retr0gamer also Shites standing up! Yes he IS that hard.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Retr0gamer wrote:

Never played ninja gaiden - just said I don't like games which are frustratingly hard - I like games which a rewardingly hard.

Example - Halo 1 on Legendary - Hard but fun and rewarding especially in co-op.
    Example - Halo 2 on Legendary - Frustrating and ruined co-op when they forced a restart even if only one player died.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I Had to repeat some of the early levels once or twice at the start of the game but once I learned what was expected I was beating bosses on my first or second go.
    I was more-or-less the same, the first level boss, Muro (I thinnk that was his name) gave a me a load of hassle
    but when I fought him at the end I defeated him first/second try, I was rather dissapointed that it didn't take me longer to kill him
    all I needed to do was learn and master the whole attack.move.repeat and I was flying

First boss gave me hassle as well but is remarkably easy once you learn not to go in with your sword flailing. He leaves himslef open with his rush attack and the trick is to just avoid him until he opens himself up with that attack. The rest of the bosses are similar. It's just finding what attack they weaken themselves on. It's easy to see how people without patience can become frustrated at the game. The most annoying boss for me was the last time you fight the samurai ghost thing. He was difficult enough but making you plough through that long annoying level filled with the annoying ghost fish when you fail was taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Have to agree with what retr0gamer is saying, the whole game is about leaning bosses/enimies weeknesses and explioting them. The game wasn't that hard when you realised that you couldn't just go in swords flailing, and that the block button actually served a purpose. And I must say twas quite the rewarding game to clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

KdjaC wrote:
    Review on 1up

Anyone preordered it?

kdjac

It's been available online for about 4 days, Decnet speeds on it as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

It's been available online for about 4 days, Decnet speeds on it as far as i know.
    Amazingly, some people actually buy games :rolleyes:

Retr0gamer wrote:
    First boss gave me hassle as well but is remarkably easy once you learn not to go in with your sword flailing. He leaves himslef open with his rush attack and the trick is to just avoid him until he opens himself up with that attack. The rest of the bosses are similar. It's just finding what attack they weaken themselves on. It's easy to see how people without patience can become frustrated at the game. The most annoying boss for me was the last time you fight the samurai ghost thing. He was difficult enough but making you plough through that long annoying level filled with the annoying ghost fish when you fail was taking the piss.
    oh God, those fish were a pain in the boll0x!!! but a hard boss I found, appart from the first, was that dinosaur thing, it took me so long to figure out you could actually avoid the eating attack, appart from that he was easy, he has a **** load of back bone! it seemed like he never ran out of it

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Amazingly, some people actually buy games :rolleyes:

Really?! Never knew that! :rolleyes: buy good games, for xbox LIVE, anything else to pay for will just be a waste a money, cause once you finish, you'll trade it in and get feck all for :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

*Shudder*, Ninja Gaiden was a son of a bitch in terms of hardness. Ninja Gaiden Black you say?, more like Ninja Gaiden Impossible I'd bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Really?! Never knew that! :rolleyes: buy good games, for xbox LIVE, anything else to pay for will just be a waste a money, cause once you finish, you'll trade it in and get feck all for :p
    you're either a damn good troll or an intolerable ****wit...

• Advertisement

If games kept there value, i'd have no problem, anyway, apprently Black is easier then the original, difficulty settings can be altered.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If games kept there value, i'd have no problem
    Do you *really* expect to be able to play through a full game and be able to get the entire value back straight away for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

That game was just too hard I quit at the sewers level.Even at the blimp level the boss there took me three times to kill him.

Advertisement