Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find mice?

• 19-09-2005 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all, was just wondering if anyone knows where to find pet mice? I've been to loads of pet shops all over Dublin city centre to try and find some but nobody seems to stock them. Some of the shops said they don't supply them live, only frozen because people buy them for live-feeding to snakes. Anyone out there breed mice for their reptiles or have any idea where I could get some? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 rose of jericho

Have you tried the buy and sell sometimes you see them in it. What pet shops have you tried? Sometimes with the pet shops you have to be careful because they can be siblings of ex lab mice. Just be care I used to have mice and on a number of occasions they ended up dying of horrible growths and cancers because they were younger generations of to ex lab stock. You should google for fancy mice or rats as the uk are big into their fancy critters. If I were you I would go for a rat rather than a mouse they make excellent pets you can train them to do certain things and I don't know about anyone else but mine used to come when called by their names sit on my shoulder all night watching telly with me and they live longer than mice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Are you looking for mice as pets or mice for breeding for feed for reptiles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭craggel

There are a few under my floor boards. You can have if you can catch them. Do us both a favour!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I breed mices - & have lots of pretty colours at the moment - PM me & we can discuss what you want etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 smacksy

Thanks for that, yeah I used to have pet rats as well, but enjoyed breeding the mice in different colours and patterns etc. Don't really have the room for rats at the moment. Sometimes I used to find that the mice developed tumours at a certain age as well, but it's mainly due to inbreeding when you can't get hold of new bloodlines, they tend to get stunted growth and other problems like tumours. It's a bit of a problem in Ireland because not that many people breed them so there isn't that much exchange of breeding stock. I want to start up breeding them again, but want to get hold of as many different bloodlines as possible for that exact reason!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

My ones were imported from the UK & were bred to be show mice - touch wood in the last year I have only had 1 female get a tumor so I have been lucky :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Muppet--1 week ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭teddyteddy

mice to buy for feeding to snakes . live mice per say how much do they cost .. ?
    it must be a lucrative buisness and i wonder why not many pet shops breed them . easy and fast .. i know they must smell. but its all down to profit margin. carmel. a snake lover and owner. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

This is an 8 year old thread, please start a new more relevant thread if you need to. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement