Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Henna tattoos

Options
  • 19-09-2005 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I know it's Ireland and it's coldish but does anyone think it would be possible to do henna and actually make money? I was thinking of asking a tattoo studio could I work there, anyone have any ideas? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 DaisyDuke

Henna tatts seem to be a summer street trade thing. You might want to ask in Georges Arcade in Dublin, or other Indian stores, what the story is with them, on a more permanent trade level. Mendhi are an Indian wedding thing, and there is a pretty big Indian population here, so it may be a good place to start. Places like beauty salons/spas that do nail art and all that might be interested as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Mahendi done outside india generally is done with an ink that is skin corrosive & an leave what will look like 'intentional scarifcation designs'. If you are getting it done, make sure to ask if it is being done with natural mahendi paint - if it's that black stuff, good luck with permanent scarring......

::: ven0mous :::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭kestrel

i think there would definately be a trade. i could see myself becoming a regular patron if the price was right, and i know alot of my friends would too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭_sara_

it would be koo, if there was a henna place here...never heard of one here tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I used to do my own and my friends but I can't find anywhere that actually sells henna anymore, I can only find the stuff for your hair, and that doesn't work on your skin apparently. Anyone know anywhere you can get it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

you can get henna for tatoos in georges street arcade in the accessory shop beside the book shop (cant remember the name) thats where I got mine anyway. I think you can also get it in th etop of stephens green try asha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

ven0m wrote:
    Mahendi done outside india generally is done with an ink that is skin corrosive & an leave what will look like 'intentional scarifcation designs'. If you are getting it done, make sure to ask if it is being done with natural mahendi paint - if it's that black stuff, good luck with permanent scarring......

::: ven0mous :::

can we say scare-mongering?

this is seriously misinformed. "Mahendi done outside india generally is done with an ink that is skin corrosive "?!?, what are you basing that assertion on? Most henna used outside India is harmless, just not black, because henna isn't black. It's the black ink you would want to watch out for...

http://www.hennapage.com/henna/ppd/whatisppd.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Yes you are correct. I got a beautiful black/dark brown henna tattoo doen in crete this year. It lasted about 2 weeks no marks or anything afterwards. It doesnt leave any scars because you are not injecting anything under the skin you are merely painting onto the skin

Advertisement