Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignite Leisure

Options
  • 19-09-2005 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Just wondering if anyone have any opinions on Ignite Leisure?
    Is it a pyramid thing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Stay well away - see here for more details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 doggiesherd

Thanks a million

Nearly gave him €2500 at lunch time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

All over Joe Duffy's show today....have to laugh at anyone who falls for this spiel....a fool and his money, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Wertz wrote:
    All over Joe Duffy's show today....have to laugh at anyone who falls for this spiel....a fool and his money, etc.

You'd be suprised how easy it is for a charismatic speaker to seperate people from their money.

It's quite scary actually. Promise people easy money and for some reason they put on blinkers to keep their common sense out of the matter.

From what I listened to today, and read about at other sources, these guys do put on the hard sell and I can see why a certain type of person might be duped by that, but the bottom line in any pyramid scheme is that those entering it are lead by the thoughts of easy gain and a certain element of greed...
    I still reckon that anyone who parts with their hard-earned in circumstances like this either has too much of it ,or not enough wit, or both....and like every pyramid scheme it's the last ones to join the party that get burned

• Advertisement

Definitely and the last layer generally is the biggest which is the nastiest part.

It's worse when it's friends or family that get these people to do it. That really makes me sick.

....and in this country it's nearly always gonna be friends or family.

I had a g/f of an acquaintance of mine hit me up with an invite to something like this a few months back. I had to laugh when she started telling me how it "wasn't a pyramid scheme, it was a travel club" and "how easy and foolproof it was".
    AFAIK she's moved on up the pyramid and likley recouped her initial buy-in...I wasn't one of the suckers who got her her cash back though...

It must be a certain desperation on behalf of people who've realised they've shelled out a wad of cash for SFA, when they'll try and sell other people down the river to get back in the black....they can't be so naieve as to think that they're actually doing them a favour....can they?

Some might be, people are constantly suprising me with their sheer naevity when it comes to money tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 conair

Was at one of these sales pitches recently...very slick presentation. didnt sign up thankfully. loads of people getting conned. have to pay €15 into the hotel and wear a shirt and tie..what a waste of my time and effort
    Feel sorry for the people who are scamming their friends and family for money to join, alot of pressure put onto people to sign up. They try and tell you you dont like money or are just stupid to pass up such an opportunity
    The sooner this stops the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

I was at one of these recently .... it's a very structured and slick presentation and the pressure to join is massive... Agents sit between couples so they dont have a chance to discuss it for example...

Steer Clear...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

It's been covered on RTE business news recently - see end of this thread from askaboutmoney.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Most cons rely on a persons greed to lure them in. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paulwex

a mate of mine tried to rope me into ignite leisure i saw through it straight away he got stung for 800 quid after !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Please don't bump 5 year old theads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement