Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help bring a Lidl store to the Drogheda Area

Options
  • 19-09-2005 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I'm usually not really for these petition thingys but this is something that caught my attention. If the good people of Trim can get their way, why not us Droghedians? If you could take the time to sign this petition if you agree with "Shopping Around!" as Mary Harney would say. ;)

ding

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Petition Signed....

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Highlander

Signed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Hi Guys. I just got an e-mail from James O'Neill who was the guy who started the campaign for Lidl in Drogheda. Thanks to all who signed the petition.:D

Hi there All

WE ARE HALF WAY THERE

lidl.jpg
    This is the new door way of Drogheda first Lidl Discount store, but RGDATA is still trying to block Lidl new planning application for opening at the M1 Retail Park on the Collon Rd. in Drogheda.

So the fight is on again, if you think you maybe able to help, please let me know.

jamesoneill @ iol.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

Isn't a Lidl already being built on the Donore Road?
    Aldi is also opening on Slane Road, this Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Yeah the Lidl already looks like one. The roof is on and all. Aldis open on Thursday yup. I got that email the other day dingatron too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

There were people outside scotch hall today with petitions to bring lidl to Drogheda.

Alter-Ego wrote:
    There were people outside scotch hall today with petitions to bring lidl to Drogheda.
    Tell them to take a trip up Donore road at the turn off for the industrial estate, the Lidl there is almost built, it even has a Lidl sign on it. That is in Drogheda, are they looking for a second one somewhere? Aldi opens tomorrow on the Slane road, Lidl in a couple of months.

but RGDATA is still trying to block Lidl new planning application for opening at the M1 Retail Park on the Collon Rd. in Drogheda.

louthandproud Lidl are looking for a second store on the north of the town. Plenty of room for two in Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

is aldi open yet?

Ok got it! Hopefully the RG data people that don't have shops in the town centre won't be complaining about the town centre losing business to this Aldi!

• Advertisement

Aldi open tomorrow. Drove by this morning and they're stocking it up.

Just a quick update. The planning application for Lidl at the M1 Retail Park on the Collon Rd. in Drogheda was passed on Friday 15 of September last. Thanks to all who signed the petition. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Isn't there a Lidl in Donore?

Or is that Aldi??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Are you mad... Navan is nearly the size of Drogheda now and we dont have a Lidl or Aldi!

Hows about us then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I blame SuperValu!

But really, there IS a Lidl in Donore, isn't there?? :confused:

Or was I hallucinating? :rolleyes:

Currently there's a Lidl on the Donore Road and an Aldi on the Collon Road. There will now be a Lidl in the M1 Business Park off the Collon Road and as far as I know Adli will be looking for somewhere on the south side of Drogheda as well. Plenty of competition and it's funny how thinks work out. Noticed how many flyers are now coming through the door from the other stores with good special offers.

Tesco plans have been put in too so I heard. It will be a huge store like the big ones in the UK. Up near the Sienna Convent?:confused:

Hi Gonk. :) The new Sienna Convent or up past the Laurence Center? They have badly needed a proper store in Drogheda for years and with West St. pedestrianised they may shut their doors. Can't see how they're going to get more than passing trade now.

Hi Dingatron,
    I was just told the first roundabout coming out of Drogheda near the Sienna! I pretended I knew where it was because I was in a hurry...bad of me I know :D maybe I should have listened. Actually it was the guy who started up the petition who told me. He said he had seen the plans and they were very impressive. I know what you mean about the one in West Street sure it barely has food in it now :D .

Ok I've figured out where your talking about. Have a look at the Development Plan map.

MAP

The area at the top left hand side marked in blue is around where the new Sienna convent is. The problem is that this plan is tied up in legal stuff and will be for some time I believe so I'm not sure we'll be shopping there any time soon. Think we'll be ok for shopping till then anyway, although I do tend go into Aldi for a pint of milk and come out with an angle grinder! :confused:

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Dingatron. I know what you mean about Aldi constantly go in for something small and come out with something that I never knew I needed till I saw it LOL

Advertisement