Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webserver behind IOL BB Router

• 19-09-2005 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Can someone shed me some light on how to setup webserver behind IOLBB Zyxel P623R router. I played with some settings in the NAT screen but it didnt work.
    The webserver works fine.

All I get is my routers admins screen when I try to enter my global IP address in my browser. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Don't know how to do this, but a word of warning, setting up a webserver on your home DSL is probably not a good idea. At 128kbps upload it'll be brutal slow, and that upload will kill your download speed. Plus, it's against the terms of service to do this so BT may disconnect you if they realise what you're doing.

www.portforward.com may be of some help with the NAT stuff though.

edit:
    Hadn't quite realised what you just said there on the last sentance. If you can see your routers admin page from your external IP then dissable your webserver now. You may have somehow opened your router to the outside world which can't be a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Its simple really.

1. when u type 192.168.1.1 in your browser it logs into the modem/router
    2. you disabled the security so when u put ur external address in it access the same page.
    3. The "Web Configurator" uses port 80 as default. If u wish to use a web server then use a different port ie. 808 or 8080

That should sort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

I wrote this a while ago and used the IOL Zyxel router as an example on it.
    It may help you

http://www.unreal.ie/index.php?com=tutorials&tutid=settingupaserver

Advertisement