Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweet Chilli Sauce

• 19-09-2005 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

I was eating in galway a couple of months back, and I got sweet chilli sauce served with my food which was delicious. Ever since then I have been on a quest to find a sweet chilli sauce that comes close to this but I still ahvent found anything spectacular so far. Blue Dragons Sweet Chilli and Garlic sauce is ok but its got garlic in it so its not what im looking for.

Im trying to find a contrast so the sauce is not over spicy or over sweet. So heres where I need your help. Can you recommend a sweet chilli sauce and where I would get it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I find the Sherwoods Sweet Chili Sauce to be really good..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

i founs some in Dunnes a few times they never seem to have it too often ill see if there is any left at home and ill let you know the brand, about time this stuff got the recognition it deserves
    Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I use one called Mae Ploy which is just sweet chilli, no garlic. It's not overpoweringly hot. You can get in Dunnes or most Asian food shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭hargo

Yeos sweet chilli sauce available in most chinese supply Abbey st or Inchicore, also available in hot!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

peterk19 wrote:
    i found some in Dunnes a few times they never seem to have it too often ill see if there is any left at home and ill let you know the brand, about time this stuff got the recognition it deserves
    Pete

yeah that stuff from dunnes is the best, large bottle and some foreign words on the bottle yeah?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Linghams malaysian sweet chilli sauce.
    Great tack , comes in garlic and ginger variants too.
    Get it in Cork in the English market.
    I find that if you squuze a little lime juice and and add some fresh coriander it really makes sweet chilli sauce come alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Chris P Duck

I find the Sherwoods Sweet Chili Sauce to be really good..
    Im looking for a dipping sauce rather than a cooking sauce

peterk19 wrote:
    i founs some in Dunnes a few times they never seem to have it too often ill see if there is any left at home and ill let you know the brand, about time this stuff got the recognition it deserves
    Pete
    Is not called lakeshore or something like that is it? Have tried that. It wasnt bad but its not what im looking for.

Tasted a new bottle of sauce from aldi yesterday. It was just called asia sweet chilli sauce. It was nice.........better than alot of the sweet chilli sauces I have tasted. Closer to what im looking for

Both Blue dragon and taste of Thailand are the makes ive bought both top notch for dipping
    Pete

peterk19 wrote:
    Both Blue dragon and taste of Thailand are the makes ive bought both top notch for dipping
    Pete
    Blue Dragon has been my favourite so far......... Must try Taste of Thailand

• Advertisement

Ye a i was a blue dragon man but i seen the taste of thailand sitting beside it so i just gave it a try both of them available in Dunnes stores Donaghmede also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

You didn't mention where you live but I assume you can get to Dublin to shop.
    There is an Asian supermarket beside the Luas stop on Abbey Street and that does a large range of different sweet chili sauces, that will be worth a look.
    I think the last one I got was Madame Wongs, but the chances are that if you know the label that it will be in there they have loads of them.

Blub2k4 wrote:
    You didn't mention where you live but I assume you can get to Dublin to shop.
    There is an Asian supermarket beside the Luas stop on Abbey Street and that does a large range of different sweet chili sauces, that will be worth a look.
    I think the last one I got was Madame Wongs, but the chances are that if you know the label that it will be in there they have loads of them.
    I live down the country but I do get up 2 da big smoke every now and again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

That Rachel's Favourite Food bird, RAchel Allen (Darina's daughter in law) recommends Grey Goose sweet chili sauce.

I've not tried it yet, but I'm looking on the shelves for it...

Advertisement