Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRL: 1X23 - "Exodus - Part 1" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

• 19-09-2005 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN "EXODUS - PART 1" -

Episode Title: "Exodus - Part 1"
    Airdate: September 19th 2005

Synopsis (from TV.Com): [edited]

The French woman -- Danielle Rousseau (guest-star Mira Furlan) -- shocks the survivors by showing up to the camp
    with a dire warning about "the others" who are on the island.
    Meanwhile, Michael and Jin ready the raft for sailing.

Next New Episode: 1X24 / 1X25 - "Exodus - Part 2 / 3" - September 26th 2005

What did you think of "Exodus - Part 1"? 49 votes

Excellent!
    0%
    Good
    69%
    gandalfManachsegadreamcastMr EGavin WdigimanWashoutBeruthielpickarooneypodge3TheStrandRoadsmonkeyfudgeBasqjill_valentineNooptimayordenisfightin irishMiketheMechanicdecbuckqz 34 votes
    Average
    24%
    somafjonPeacematrimCassielgrumpytrousersKevIRLOFDMGeorgeBaileybikoSalmonthewools 12 votes
    Poor
    6%
    sunbeamweemcdDfitzer 3 votes
    Terrible!
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Good
    wnews.bbc.co.uk
    Great episode...
    Dont know if ye knew this before but i came accross a philosopher by the name of John Locke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Poor
    Born to run and exodus pt 1 seemed to run on too long imo.

Both fairly good episodes, but I get the same feeling I do with the current breed of tv shows from the US that they really take the piss when it comes to dragging out things until the season finale.

Decent enough episodes, but without seeing
    lostzilla or any of the others
    i felt a little bit pissed off.

Looking forward to the hour long special tho :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Poor
    Oops, I meant to vote good.

I agree that it did seem to run on a little long though. Hope they don't drag the finale out too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Average
    Man, this show is getting better and better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Good
    Jaysus what do you mean ran too long, its not on long enough. God I love this show.
    My god when I saw that ship (The Black Rock) I nearly cheered

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Good
    That was cool, really cant wait til next weeks!!

Ah fúck it, think ill just try get it off a mate for tomorrow!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

gandalf wrote:
    Jaysus what do you mean ran too long, its not on long enough. God I love this show.
    Haha... I punched the air first time I saw that and practically screamed "I KNEW they had something cool in store..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Average
    That was cool, really cant wait til next weeks!!

Ah fúck it, think ill just try get it off a mate for tomorrow!!!

I was so excitied that i got my american cousins to send it to me straight after the show was finished. Woke up this morning and the parcel had arrived. Express shipping.

Anyway, the
    pirate ship
    is cool. How did it get there i.e. so far inland and up a hill? where did it come from? Why is it still in one piece? Why is it not completely overgrown?

Also do you think the boom sticks will open the hatch?? And why is locke not telling them about the light that came from the hatch??

The monster thingy is totally some sort of machine. Can't wait to see if its automatic pilot or its being driven by someone.

Does anyone else see Leslie Artz as a disposable extra? Who thinks he's a dead man walking?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Good
    Leslie Artz = Red shirted ensign (a guess).

An excellent episode, with all the tearful goodbyes you just know things are going to be real interesting for the finale.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Good
    Really enjoyed this one. The "Black Rock" was a cool touch.

The goodbyes were well done and the boat leaving kind of uplifting.
    You know we haven't seen the last of them!

Some things do piss me off though.
    Like Jack asking Danielle what the monster thing is - she says "Security, etc etc". Anyone else would go "yeah, but what IS it?"
    Of course in Lost they don't bother they just look at each other confused... :rolleyes:

Roll on next week.

ps Was that Michelle Rodriguez talking with Jack in the airport bar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good
    ps Was that Michelle Rodriguez talking with Jack in the airport bar?
    Yep,
    she is joining as a full time cast member in season 2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

gandalf wrote:

Yeah that ruined my whole theory about natives sacrificing people on a big ehh black rock :o

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Average
    KdjaC wrote:
    Yeah that ruined my whole theory about natives sacrificing people on a big ehh black rock :o

kdjac

Always with the sacrificing kdjac... jeezzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Good
    Great episode.....the galleon was genius! Also gotta love the noise that the big machine or whatever it is makes......very cool.

One thing. Not sure if this was in Born to Run or Exodus, but was Kate washing out blonde hair dye in her hair or putting in brown dye that time she went into the motel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Washing out blonde.

IMO, the final ep is going to be dissapointing, its going to be a huge cliff hanger and reveal nothing.

Sean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Average
    Manach wrote:

Exactly what was going thru my head at the time :D

Average
    Is TmB's above reference to season2 a spoiler, cos it sure looks like one :mad:

Because based on it you can extrapolate alot :mad:

me = pissed off.

Average
    Noopti wrote:
    Great episode.....the galleon was genius! Also gotta love the noise that the big machine or whatever it is makes......very cool.

Something that has stuck in my head from the Pilot Ep:

When they all see & hear the 'monster' thrashing about in the forest and making that wierd foghorn-esque noise, one of the "extras" (in background conversation I think, ages since I saw it) says something along the lines of:

"There was something familiar about that sound...."

een-ter-est-ink.. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

Thought they were really good. the finale is going to be savage. hopefully something will be revealed. i mean if they dont tell us anything about all the stuff going on its going to be a long wait! they have to tell us something and leave us thinking about what is it? or who are they? or how in gods name are our clothes not fading!!!!

Season 2 is starting in the US next week i think. hate they thought of waiting for ages to see it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good
    Season 2 is starting in the US next week i think..
    This Wednesday actually! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

TmB wrote:
    Yep,
    she is joining as a full time cast member in season 2...

Well done genius, nice spoiler there.

Does some other genius mod wanna spoilerify this before more people find out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Good
    Feck don't care about knowing that. She actually looked quite sexy there last night :D
    Already thought that there were others from the flight still alive on island after Boones radio conversation.

I do think we will have to picket RTE to make sure they get the next season as soon as possible, I need more Lost goodness !!!!

I also hope they tie things up in Season 2 and don't try and extend it forever and ruin it like the X-Files.

Couldnt agree with you more Gandalf. thats the biggest worry if you ask me. i think once it starts to loose ratings (f it ever does!) they should finish it off. the X-files was a big hit until it went on ammmm forever!!!!

ya rte must be able to do something to get it back quicker than it took them to air this season. the ratings must be savage.

what would people like to see happen in the season finale? as long as something (even something small) is answered that will leave us thinking what is going to happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I thought I read somewhere recently that the creators don't want it to run any longer than 3 seasons, no matter how well it's doing. Whether they'll have the willpower, or even the just the plain vanilla power, to do this remains to be seen.

I don't really know what I want from the last episodes. What I sure as hell don't want are more questions, unless they answer a lot of the ones already asked, or unless they're really interesting.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Good
    gandalf wrote:
    I do think we will have to picket RTE to make sure they get the next season as soon as possible, I need more Lost goodness !!!!.

is there any word on when they are going to start season 2?
    I need to know what happens NOW!!!

its in one of the forums beruthul if you wanna read what happens. i wouldnt tho it spoils the wait! even if its too hard it will be worth it!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Good
    no
    I don't want to know anything ahead of seeing it!!

def not! i mean we have to see the last episode yet and that will leave us no doubt with plenty questions to come up with and think of what the answer could be so that will probably keep us occupied until the new season starts. hope its not too long tho!

my friend rang me from the states there a few weeks and asked us where we were in lost and i told her and next thing she goes "oh guess who dies"" and the told me bout Boone. i was so mad! u just wanna tell them shut the f**k up.

apologises if i annoyed anyone by mentioning who died, i assumed with the name of the thread we were all up to last nights episode!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Manach wrote:

An excellent episode, with all the tearful goodbyes you just know things are going to be real interesting for the finale.

Yeah, the raft goodbyes in the final 10 minutes were really emotional. (Keep an eye out for the camera-boat when Vincent jumps into the water too!)

As for Artz, in an interview in Entertainment Weekly and with other sources back in May, JJ Abrams said
    Artz was being introduced to become one of the new characters for season two, and that he would get his own flashbacks in the new season as well. Which is great, obviously, cos Artz is pretty funny.
    He'll be appearing in bits
    of next week's episode and has some great one-liners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Would people purleaze stop posting spoilers in IRL threads. It's not that hard to remember what happened when, and though you mightn't think you're giving anything major away it takes all the tension out of an episode knowing who will survive.

Average
    doh.ie wrote:
    As for Artz, in an interview in Entertainment Weekly and with other sources back in May, JJ Abrams said Artz was being introduced to become one of the new characters for season two, and that he would get his own flashbacks in the new season as well.

Stop.. mentioning.. season.. 2!! :mad: This is not hard people! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Good
    I liked this ep. Dont really like Arzt. This was one of the better eps

soma wrote:
    Stop.. mentioning.. season.. 2!! :mad: This is not hard people! :mad:

Check out the early threads in the Lost forum - not spoiling upcoming episodes is something I proposed we take very seriously in IRL threads.

But all that said, the Artz info *is* worth putting out there for those who said he was a redshirt. (I'll spoilify it above just in case.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

doh.ie wrote:
    He'll be appearing in bits
    of next week's episode and has some great one-liners.

Oh the punnage.....

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Oh the punnage.....

kdjac

Hehe. It's all about the line breaks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Average
    doh.ie wrote:
    (Keep an eye out for the camera-boat when Vincent jumps into the water too!)
    wtfnoob5yv.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Good
    Last nights double bill was very good, Exodus Part 1 was excellent. Favourite bit had to be the goodbyes as the raft left the shore.

Unfortunately, I am very cynical as to whether we'll see any real answers in the season finale. We'll probably have to wait until Season Two, but what do I know, I missed a month of it in the middle of its RTE run. :(
    Manach wrote:
    I thought that as well, especially when he left the expedition to go back to the beach. You've reminded me of this exchange from Family Guy:

William Shatner: Now men, we are about to go on a very dangerous mission. It is highly likely that one of you will die. The crew that will go with me are Spock, McCoy and........Ensign Ricky.
    Ensign Ricky: Aw crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭saintsaucey

LMAO LEave it to Family guy to make that joke. My parents apparently assumed that Artz was gonna die quickly too. I wasn't watching the show and them mentioned Daniel Robuck's character and how he'd been brought in suddenly. Saddly re reminded me of me sitting their complaining about how the main cast sort of kept to themselves and got all the focus Anyone who can't identifi with feeling like that during their teens is either lying or one of the lucky ones who's life was perfect then of course that means they peaked then and are probably misserable now.

Hey basq you make sigs right. could you make me one of Sawyer standing by the airplane hul holding his letter that says Man Of Schemes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good
    Hey basq you make sigs right. could you make me one of Sawyer standing by the airplane hul holding his letter that says Man Of Schemes
    Was that moment in "Confidence Man"? Can't really remember it.. i remember the scene with him burning the letter at the end sitting on the ground against a tree trunk.

But can't remember the picture of him standing next to the hull..

Find the picture for me here if possible and i'll make you a quick sig! Colour preference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Good
    Sawyer: "What do you know about weather!?! You're just a science teacher whom we recognise as one of our own and has not been simply crowbarred in at the last minute!"

Hurley: "Yes, and I've seen your name from the manifest, which incidentally tells the audience that you're definitely not an Other!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

OFDM wrote:
    [ wtf? noob picture ]

ooh never noticed that before, must watch it on my sexy dvd :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Good
    gandalf wrote:
    I do think we will have to picket RTE to make sure they get the next season as soon as possible, I need more Lost goodness !!!!
    Why don't we just all mail them that if they don't put it on soon - we'll instead download and watch the next season?!

Not that we would of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Good
    This stupid not-having-broadband is killing me. :( I can't wait for the final episode on RTE, but at the same time I know that's going to leave me Lostless for a year or whatever until the PTB decide to grace us with Season 2.

Advertisement