Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Look what I found..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

129 quid! bloody hell. game ads were so much better back then 2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

That fat dude looks like jack black

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Back when game adverts actually showed the games. Brings back memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

woah, memories indeed. if anybody can find the snes ad with rick mayall ill kiss them. i think it was for starwing, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

LOL!!! nice one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Holy ****, that brings back memories!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Memories indeed. Corn and cheese both amply supplied in that ad, and playing thumb under/fingers over looked stupid back then, too :cool:

Did anyone recognise the shooter after the Golden Axe fire magic clip? I've played the rest of them (god bless rental stores)

[edit] Whoops, it's Gynoug. I didn't spot his poncy little wings :p.
    [Cheap shot] Also, did anyone else notice that they say "[the games] get faster, they get harder" as opposed to "they get up to date sports licenses with enhanced graphics"[/Cheap shot] ;) [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Jesus that brings back memories.

How about an ad for the power glove

loads more here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

woah, memories indeed. if anybody can find the snes ad with rick mayall ill kiss them. i think it was for starwing, maybe?

Close, but youre way off. It was nigel mansells racing :D
    **** i came across a website there a few months ago with thousands of videogame ads on it..it even had atari 2600 ads for ET..classic stuff, ill dig around for the link and post it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

want there a film or something made with the power glove it it , with the young kid from the wonder years , please tell me im not imaging this HELP !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, that'd be The Wizard (Fred Savage is the kid from Wonder Years).

That film is so bad it's good again.
    I love the power glove.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm ashamed to say i could name every game in that advert :o
    Close, but youre way off. It was nigel mansells racing
    **** i came across a website there a few months ago with thousands of videogame ads on it..it even had atari 2600 ads for ET..classic stuff, ill dig around for the link and post it
    Actually he did do the ad for starwing. Did quite a few for various games including Zelda: Links awakening (with a bit of Link to the Past pimpage at the end).

That super street fighter 2 turbo ad for japan is hilarious. Samus is looking quite hot in the japanese ad. If only I had seen the american ad first I wouldn't have gotten stuck for weeks because I didn't know about super bombing the tunnel. The japanese ocarina of time ad should be banned. I'm convinced the girl was having an orgasm while playing it.

There is footage of the saturn version of shenmue there. Being a saturn owner and knowing it's limitations i'm amazed at how good the game looks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

God I always loved that mega drive ad. Whey dont they make good game ad's any more?

Isn't it amazing how good the power glove looked in the other one? Despite the fact that it was woeful!

Power glove....revolution controller...
    /me rubs chin and contemplates

Heres that game ads website i was talking about, theres thousands of them, i personally recommend all the 2600 ads, feckin hilarious nowadays :D
    EDIT
    The link tot he past ad...BEST. AD. EVER! closely followed by the 'hip' ad for sega CD...WORD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I loved the Metroid ad

24 MEGS!!! WOW!!!!

The US majora's mask ads are done very well. Personally i remember the Ocarina of time ad and was blown away when i first seen it.

Though my favorite ad (not sure if its on the site) is the snes ad showing loads of games including street fighter. I remember demanding a snes after watching it on a saturday morning

I always loved that metroid ad myself where the dog turns into the tiny thing. Ah the memories...

Deadwing wheres the link gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The best ad was the one just before the Snes came out with Sf2.....

Puddles of drool in our house when it was on.

kdjac

• Advertisement

http://gameads.gamepressure.com/tv_games_commercials.asp?PAGE=9&M=2
    Thats the link there, sorry, mustve deleted it

Ah fantastic.

"What, you own an Atair and you dont own those games?
    Thats like having a stereo with no hit records!"

Brilliant stuff...

Ahh same site I linked to. Can anyone find the ad for the snes system itself? its on that site in german but not in english.

KdjaC wrote:
    The best ad was the one just before the Snes came out with Sf2.....

Puddles of drool in our house when it was on.

Ah yes. Seeing Axelay, Super Metroid, Contra 3 and Super Mario World in a 30 second burst instantly turned we into a SNES craving addict.

Question, retro you will know the answer to this, but why was the robot never released over here? That was only an american thing wasn't it?

Off the top of my head I don't know. I doubt it was released here because it didn't sell very well in japan and the states.
    Wikipedia article if you are interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R.O.B.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Off the top of my head I don't know. I doubt it was released here because it didn't sell very well in japan and the states.
    Wikipedia article if you are interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R.O.B.

I thought you only got your Snes like really recently, and you had a sega all those years ago!

OMG you mean retr0 has been lying to us all these years about his nintendo love?!? I dont know what to believe in anymore, im so disillusioned :confused:

Always wanted a NES and SNES and will never forgive my parents for not buying me one. Had to buy my first nintendo console myself other than the gameboy :( (the GC) . Had to make do with playing my mates nintendos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Always wanted a NES and SNES and will never forgive my parents for not buying me one. Had to buy my first nintendo console myself other than the gameboy :( (the GC) . Had to make do with playing my mates nintendos.

im shacked and appalled, im going home to wash myself with demostos

why why why!!!!!!!!

Advertisement