Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line fault repair.

Options
  • 19-09-2005 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone: I just got broadband (Esat BT) and my account is active. At least in theory it is anway :(

I discovered an apparent line fault, after carrying out a bunch of tests suggested by Esat's tech support crew, I still cant get a signal. So I made a fault report on Friday.

Whats worse is that my Anytime package that I had been using has ceased to function a few days ago, so until this crap is sorted I'm back to pay-by-the-minute dial up :mad: :mad:

Has anyone had this problem yet? Generally speaking, how line does it take €ircum to fix a line fault?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭SeanW

They were pretty quick :) its all fixed up now. I've heard all these stories about how the broadband situation in Ireland is the suckiest in Eurpore, but TBH I'm in what is verifiably the middle of nowhere and if I can get DSL out here, something must be right.

Ironically I only found out about the presence of my local DSL exchange after doing IOFFLs survey, I was on dial up and the survey asked me to test my line - which I duly did only expecting a big fat FAIL, and lo and behold bloody jayses broadband is right under my nose. When the hell did THAT happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

SeanW wrote:
    I only found out about the presence of my local DSL exchange after doing IOFFLs survey, I was on dial up and the survey asked me to test my line - which I duly did only expecting a big fat FAIL, and lo and behold bloody jayses broadband is right under my nose. When the hell did THAT happen?

Our reward to you for doing the survey. What can we say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Anyway, The 'ANYTIME PACKAGE' implie's/ give's the wrong impression of ' a communication's service that will never fail' ?...therefore the name and advertising is misleading :D . How do they get away with it :confused:

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Anytime has nothing to do with broadband, or am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

cgarvey wrote:
    Anytime has nothing to do with broadband, or am I missing something?

Hmmm, good point :o Paddy20 has now edited/corrected his last post accordingly, and has punched himself in the mouth!. :eek:

P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Heh, I was really beginning to question my sanity there for a while.. I even had a mini-argument with myself on whether or not I should vitis eircom.ie to check!

.cg

Advertisement