Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much ...

• 19-09-2005 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not looking at anyone in particular, but this place seems to have an excess of 7+ A grade students. So much so that it would appear to have intimidated some users about their results.

This doesn't mean people who dont get X result are bad people, there are no bad people, only bad grades. And the intercert is merely one measurement in lifes set of measurements.

How much have you lied about your results? 5 votes

Booker Prize for Fiction Nomination
    0% 0 votes
    Grossly misleading
    20% 1 vote
    Substantially overstated
    0% 0 votes
    White lies
    0% 0 votes
    Presented in a postive light
    0% 0 votes
    People lie?!??!?!?
    80% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Wow, it didn't even occur to me that people would lie about their results...

How naïve is that... heh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

I should have lied...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Perhaps we're all just clever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

While slightly ashamed, (I can't help it, they're not great marks!) lie! Nevaarrrr. (I'm still in tlap mode...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well, I;m sayinbg that my a in pass Maths is an honors, but only because one of my teachers called it an honor. So, it's not my fault if I'm lying :?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

lying is just lame and tbh I think my 3A's is good enough for me anyway since i did little work throughout ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

I didn't lie about my results.

http://exam3.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ex&sc=er
    Exam number: 38869
    PIN: 138601

And to prove it's me: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2879404&postcount=20

Well that should be me off the hook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Results (clicky)
    Hosted at Jakkass.com (sponsored by Pwner.co.uk Hosting Services) :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

declan_lgs wrote:
    I didn't lie about my results.

http://exam3.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ex&sc=er
    Exam number: 38869
    PIN: ******

And to prove it's me: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2879404&postcount=20

Well that should be me off the hook.
    dont think its wise to give ur details like that ;)
    just take a screeny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    dont think its wise to give ur details like that ;)
    just take a screeny

Well it doesn't matter anymore, he won't need it again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Anyone can edit it. :D
    Linking is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

To be fair, someone lying about their results in any exam, Junior, Leaving or college just proves they lie. Exam results are just that, exam results - they do not mean you are a smarter or better person, just that you can 'do' exams.

I know some students refer to an honour in Ordinary level as an honour, while some only describe one in a Higher Paper as an honour, and it really doesn't matter a damn - if you did your best, and know you did your best, then you deserve to be proud of your results at whatever level they are - Higher, Ordinary, Common or Foundation.

For the things that are TRULY important in life - relationships and family, no-one cares what exam results you got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭*MmmPie*

Damn, and here I was thinking that my all As counted for something... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

newgrange has made part of my point. That everyone denies knowing what lies are proves another part.

*MmmPie* your results do count for something. It means you are good at these exams, being good at these exams indicates some level of skill. Of course, exam skills aren't everything, we also need athletic, artistic, vocational, social and other skills.

Some people may have felt a little left out if they "only" got result X. Some people haven't posted their results at all.

Of course we do have some very bright people here - CTYIers and the like who are some of the brightest* people in the country for their age. Not comparing well to the best and brightest doesn't mean you did bad.

* And they are cynical, sarcastic little gurriers aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Victor wrote:
    I'm not looking at anyone in particular, but this place seems to have an excess of 7+ A grade students. So much so that it would appear to have intimidated some users about their results.

This doesn't mean people who dont get X result are bad people, there are no bad people, only bad grades. And the intercert is merely one measurement in lifes set of measurements.

I believe they're calling it the 'Junior Cert' these days ;) We don't have the Intercert anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Piste wrote:
    I believe they're calling it the 'Junior Cert' these days ;) We don't have the Intercert anymore.
    Mid-life dementia obviously. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Victor wrote:

Of course we do have some very bright people here - CTYIers and the like who are some of the brightest* people in the country for their age. Not comparing well to the best and brightest doesn't mean you did bad.

Hah good one ;)
    But I didn't lie...I can't even remember whether I posted my results or not now though...seems like so long ago :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Victor wrote:
    CTYIers and the like who are some of the brightest* people in the country for their age. Not comparing well to the best and brightest doesn't mean you did bad.

Thank you, thank you, I'm here 'til Thursday

Advertisement